17.On Your Shoulders

"I want in" Eunchae's voice echoes in the room.

  Niki did not know this would work. Jake was right. Maybe he did underestimated her.

   " Okay, are you sure?" Heeseung like always in all seriousness handling the situation.

  Eunchae's big round eyes shifted to Niki. He could feel determination radiating from her. She has made up her mind. This is the first time Niki could read what she was thinking.

  He pressed his lips together. Trying hard not to smile. He feels happy for some reason.

She breathes in.

"Yes I am sure," Eunchae answered.

  The other members nod.

  " Okay," Heeseung answered. " we still can't trust you yet though."

"I understand."

Heeseung smiles. He turns to look at Niki making Niki who was leaning stands upright.

  " I will leave her under your care. Since Eunchae is the school president having her in our team would be a bonus,"

" Okay," Niki nodded.

  " So Eunchae, we don't have anything for you to do yet. But I will leave Niki to take care of you. You can ask him anything," Heeseung explains  putting his hand on Niki's shoulders .

" We will be needing your help since you are the school president, I hope when that time comes you will be willing to help."

  Heeseung extends his hands and Enchae shook it. The handshake was firm. Niki couldn't help but heave a sigh of relief. At least one part of the chapter is closed.

  The ride home was silent. Eunchae did not say much. Niki thought she would be asking questions like raining bullets.

*Croak*

Niki turn to the side to look at Manchae that is looking at him embarassingly. Her hand on her stomach.

" I thought I heard a whale," Niki said  laughs.

Eunchae smacked his back.

  " It's your fault, you said you are going to treat me food. Now is already dinner time and I am still hungry!"

" I already told you if-"

Eunchae gives him a stinky eye.

" Okay fine, where do you wanna eat?" He asks the grumpy girl crossing her arms as he paddles.

" I don't know , just get me some food please"

  "Okayy" Niki picked up his pace even though the weight for two is different when cycling.

  He knows exactly where to bring her. Niki made some turns and they stop directly in front the ramen shop. Eunchae pulls off the helmet and passes it to him.

" Ramen?" Eunchae looks at Niki .

" Trust me, it is the best ramen in the area," He ushers her to enter first.

  The familiar ambience of the the ramen shop greets him. The yellow lights. The shop owner, Mr Tama raises his hand.

  "Oi , Niki. The usual?" He asks him.

" Yes but I am not alone today," Niki says to him making Mr Tama's eyes to fall upon Eunchae.

" Ah, I didn't see her," Mr Tama laughs," is she your girlfriend?"

That question caught Eunchae's attention fast. She was busy looking around the new environment.

  " What?No, I am not," Eunchae says denying politely.

"Oh I see, well Niki never brings any girls over before. So I thought you are special," Mr Tama said smiling at him.

  Eunchae turns to look at Niki.

Now why did this noodle man have to phrase it like that? But he is not entirely wrong though.

Niki laugh it off ignoring the burning gaze of the girl looking at him at the corner of his eyes.

" Have a seat," Mr Tama ushers them.

  Niki and Eunchae both ordered their food. Niki could not help but to watch Eunchae eat the delicious ramen.

  "Is it good?"

"Good? This ramen is out of this world" Eunchae said looking at Niki bewildered.

" Mr Tama please never close your shop. I think I need to start eating here everyday," Eunchae said to the chef while drinking the soup from her spoon.

" AHAHAHAHAHA Niki your girlfriend is so cute,"

  " I am not his girlfriend," Eunchae said making Mr Tama laugh harder.

  Niki smiles shaking his head. Who would have thought a bowl of  ramen can win her heart this easily. Should have brought her here centuries ago.

  After finishing their ramen, they both thank Mr Tama. The sky is already dark and you can see the stars scattering in the night sky.

  "I'll send you home," Niki says to Eunchae that is stretching in content.

" Its okay I can take the bus."

" I can cycle you there."

" Fine."

Eunchae begrudgingly wear the ugly helmet again. She struggles to clasp it together.

  Niki stood right infront her and take the clasp and clack it together. He could the back of his neck warming up. Even he is taken aback by his gesture.

" Here , done," He smacks the helmet trying to conceal the tension he feel.

  " OW," Eunchae holds the helmet that slide to the side. She roughly adjust it back to the right position

Niki snickers.

Hong Eunchae, how can you be so cute?

He waits for her to sit and he starts cycling.

  " Where do you live ?"

  " Kosato drive,  first house."

  As they go pass streets and buildings, the cold night wind is just so nice. Niki hope that the ride is longer. He turned to look at Eunchae that is busy looking around.

  Suddenly a bump on the road jolted the both of them.

  "Aaaaah"Eunchae screamed. The bike starts to shake and Niki couldn't control the handle. Before he could realise what was happening, the bicycle had collapsed. The both of them on the ground.

But he manages to extend his arm to prevent Eunchae's head from hitting the ground. Niki grimaced at the impact it had on his wrist.

" Are you okay??" Niki asks Eunchae worried if anything happens to her.

" No, my body hurts and I think my knee is bleeding," Eunchae points to one of her knees.

" Shit, there is a convinience store ahead, I'll go get you some band aids"
Niki said but grimaced when he accidentally put pressure on his wrist trying to stand up.

  Eunchae look at him. Her gaze soften.

" You are hurt too, let's just go there together." Eunchae said as she grabs his hand softly examining his wrist.

Niki could hear his heart thumping against his chest. He looks at the girl with her brows cross. Its as if she is worried.

" It's okay, I am fine. There was a stone right there," Niki pointed to the stone that is smacked in middle.

"That is a safety hazard," Eunchae frowns looking at it with discontent.

Niki offers Eunchae his other hand, to pull her up. He takes his bike that was stranded at the side of the road.

Niki feels like punching that rock. How could he have not seen it?