♣ CHAPTER THREE ♣

~• Skyler James •~

I was stretched out on my bed, my phone pressed to my ear while I listened to my girlfriend's rantings over the phone. I couldn't help but smile at her voice as she narrated today's ordeal. Although she sounded angry, her voice still held it's usual feathery tone. So soft and delicate! I could listen to it all day.

"Sky! Are you even listening?"

"Uh? Yeah babe"

"What was the last thing I said?"

"Yemima..."

"So you weren't listening?"

"Kinda" I scratched the back of my head nervously, even though she couldn't see me. I heard Yemima release her breath at the other end, before proceeding.

"I'll go over again. And Sky, please pay attention"

"Sure Mami"

"There's a new girl"

"That's great!"

"No! She's so off"

"Uh? Why'd you say that? I thought you said she's new, you can't tell yet"

"She snubbed me in front of the class"

"The whole class?"

"Literally. Worst of all, it was science class. Your class"

"Oops. That's bad"

"Exactly! And she's so prettyyyyyyy. She got everyone's attention on her first day, including Miracle and Sam"

"I don't see the problem here. You're beautiful too"

"Skyyyyy, that's not what I'm talking about"

"Okay, okay. If I'm right, you're feeling bad because the new girl's got everyone's eyes on here, including your best friends"

"Well, they ditched me for the new girl though, but that's not my point. There's something about her that's not right"

"Cause she stole the attention?" I raised my brows.

"Skyyyyy! She's not meant to be here, don't you get? Miracle and Sam don't understand that's why I'm telling you"

"Yemima I think you're just jealous. You'll forget about it soon"

"Jealous? Sky! Really?"

"Maybe jealous isn't the word. More like insecure"

"This isn't about me okay! That girl is strange!"

"Chill babe. I'm sorry. I should be at school tomorrow to see for myself"

"Yeah, you should"

"C'mon babe. Don't be mad at me"

"I won't argue with you, you'll see for yourself..."

I got distracted when I perceived another presence in the room aside myself. I sat upright and looked towards my room door. Mrs Quinn was there, by my door way, fully dressed in her uniform, with the usual broad smile embedded in her facial features.

"Evening Sky. Dinner is ready" Mrs Quinn announced calmly, not wanting to disrupt my phone conversation. I bobbed my head respectfully at her and she turned around, to leave.

"...even Dale had the same twinkle."

"Babe"

"Yeah?"