Chapter twelve

Wednesday's POV:

A smile almost formed on my face when Enid told me she ended things with Joe. She said they're still friends, which i dislike, but at least she's not his anymore. It's not like i was jealous or anything, i just dislike him.

"Hey! I thought you'd still be in class."
Enid says when she notices me as she walks in. "I threatened a student and was removed." I reply.
"Oh, my last class got cancelled so i was thinking maybe we could go see a movie?" Enid says with a wide, persuading grin.
  "I dislike movies, they're boring and an extreme waste of time." I answer declining Enid's offer, or at least tried to decline it. Five minutes later i was packing my bag whilst she touched up her makeup.

I stare out the bus window whilst i listen to Enid talk about her day.
I pretend to be uninterested and not listen to her when she's talking excessively, but i somewhat enjoy it.
"Are you even listening?" She asks.
I turn my head to look at her. "Yes, Enid. I'm listening." I reply.
"No you're not."
"You we're just telling me about a boy named Jeremy getting rejected by Anna. Before that you we're talking to me about you falling over, quite amusing, by the way."
Enid looks surprised that i proved that i was listening. Surprised but happy, she has that beautiful, colourful smile that she always seems to have.

Enid's POV:

After dragging Wednesday to multiple stores for snacks for the movie we finally get to the destination and choose a movie. Well, i chose.

"This is horrendous. Remind me why i agreed to this." Wednesday says over the sound of the movie. "You agreed because you're an absolute sweetheart." I answer sarcastically. "Whatever." She says rolling her eyes. "You even let me call you nickname!" I gasp.
"Not one more word."
I stare at her for a few moments smiling with warm cheeks and then back at the movie.

I feel Wednesday shake me lightly.
"I'm not going to fall asleep! I'm just lying down!" I say.
"There's a while of the movie left, sleep if you want to." She says. "I'm not even tired." I reply.

I see Wednesday stand out of the corner of my eye and walk around me a few minutes later. She lifts me head softly from the arm of the chair and pushes the arm up giving me space to lay down. She carefully lays my head down on the chair, opens her bag to unpack the blanket i didn't even know she brought and slowly pulled it over me.
I don't think she knows i'm still awake because she gently tucks my hair behind my ear and goes back to her seat. I wasn't asleep in that moment, but it only took a few minutes for me to drift into a dream.