«41» i bet you think it's ho-

Hi 🐸
Im in your closet
...
Now now don't be alarmed
Dw Im just here to tell you i wrote another chapter!!
...
Here you go!!

(Im sorry I disappeared i got diagnosed with depression 😃)

Keefe
Keefe's trademark smirk quickly evaporated when he realised that the approaching footsteps weren't just one set. They were multiple. Two pairs? Maybe three? Distant murmurs of the elves became louder and louder, until they sounded like they could be merely 25ft away.

"Mmm. Yes... now where is the ballroom, Leto? My colleague and I wish to cultivate appropriate decorations for the event," the crisply posh female voice rang throughout the hallway, presumably talking to Magnate Leto... but why did it sound oddly familiar?

The footfalls were horrifyingly close now, and it only just occurred to Keefe that it was a possibility the unanticipated visitors could catch him and Tam—if they continued walking forward and didn't turn into the next hallway. Not only would Magnate Leto scold them for Tam sauntering around as if he didn't just wake up from a coma, but seeing Keefe and Tam in this particular position with such flushed complexions may pose a few other questions from the Magnate.

Keefe sighed a little, brushing away all scandalous ideas that had formed in his mind only moments before. He instead merely listened to the voices just down the hallway; desperately attempting to ignore the way Tam's darkened silver eyes looked everywhere but into his own, the way he could hear the beating of Tam's frantic heart, the way he could feel Tam's warm breathe against the skin of his palm—

An annoyingly high pitched male voice cut off his thoughts, thankfully. "What are you thinking, Jaiz? A lovely gold and teal pairing for the theme? I think that would do quite nicely for this 'prim', and its my personal favourite combination—"

"No. This is a PROM, P-R-O-M, not a beach gala, Corvin. I think a stunning silver and midnight blue theme will look wonderful on the night... speaking of which, how do you plan to determine the king and queen, Leto?" The woman named Jaiz responded harshly... she still sounded very familiar to Keefe.

Eh, I guess he will never know why. 

"I have been deciphering that factor, yes... I have decided on voting ballots..." Magnate Leto paused strangely in the mid of his sentence, as if puzzled at something. "I just need you two to make sure that you lock the ballroom before you leave tonight, so none of my most mischievous prodigies can rig the voting before Friday. If anyone attempts to, I will be forced to reprimand their allowed attendance to the event."

Keefe knew perfectly well that the Forklenator was referring to none other than Lord Hunkyhair himself. But alas, his admittedly less rebellious boyfriend had convinced him not to, and if Keefe had to obey anyone in the world it would be Tammy.

Fortunately, the two unfamiliar voices and their footsteps were now fading off into another hallway, calling after Magnate Leto in agreement. Unfortunately, Magnate Leto's footsteps continued firmly onwards.

Keefe didn't move. Didn't breathe. Didn't even flicker his gaze away from Tam's eyes stared daringly back at his. After years of tension that were really nothing more than a mere moment in listening for the footsteps, they were gone. He heard nothing, not even his heartbeat, and Keefe let out a faint sigh of relief. "Wooooh. I think he's go—"

"Now what do you think you kids are up to, hmm? Didn't think I wouldn't see you?"

Keefe yelped abruptly and scrambled away from Tam—elixirs that had been pressed between them clanging to the floor—cheeks growing hot from the sight of Magnate Leto standing before them. Of course, in a rather traditional Keefe Sencen fashion, his first instinct was to lighten the mood.

"Drat! Tammy, you must have given us away!" The blonde boy glanced apologetically at the Magnate with a solemn smile, shaking his head. The worst punishment he could have received in this situation was being locked in the detention room with Tam, and that didn't sound bad at all to him. "Alas, this one was never really that good at being sneaky."

Magnate Leto raised an eyebrow in amusement, and something else that might just be concern. Tam sputtered in protest at Keefe's accusing remarks, shooting daggers at him and crossing his arms resistantly across his chest. "Watch it, Funkyhair."

"Actually, it was Keefe's bright hair that caught my eye peeking out behind a few lockers..." Leto mentioned gruffly, a small snicker forming on his lips as a result of the boys quarrelling.

"Ha! You and your stupidly styled hair," Tam glowered smugly, the corners of his mouth twitching up a bit in a slight grin as well. Keefe found it quite amusing that their small arguments and banter had become less of an annoyance for Tam and more of an enjoyment as a result of their relationship.

Keefe tilted his chin up poshly and ran his fingers through his hair defensively, almost showing off its near golden colour. "I bet you think it's ho—"

Keefe halted his voice as he glimpsed at Magnate Leto. "Uhhhhh, never mind."

Magnate Leto cleared his voice deeply as his strict gaze flickered between the two boys guiltily standing before him, which definitely was NOT a good sign. "Tam, you should not be out of bed without Elwin. Keefe, stop rubbing your troublesome misbehaviour onto perfectly well-performing prodigies, please. Although, I think that would be difficult for you to refrain from doing in Tam's circumstance based on my assumptions..."

"And what may those assumptions be?" Keefe probed, daring Magnate Leto so obviously to say whatever in the world was on his mind. I mean, him and Tam were simply just strolling the Foxfire halls innocently, twirling tendrils of hair around their fingers and singing about rainbows. Non-symbolic rainbows, to clarify.

"I... well... you two seemed... seem..." The generally stoic elf seemed rather hesitant and unsure now in what to say as a response. Keefe smirked in satisfaction, fluttering his eyelashes and placing his hands on his hips expectantly.

Magnate Leto continued. "Well, it doesn't matter what I thought. Or think. Just know that I will have to consequence you two for your behaviour. Tam, you are to head back to the healing centre immediately to rest. Keefe, you are to leave for the night and not return until tomorrow. Understand?"

Keefe nodded in response and he watched as Tam did as well. Magnate Leto looked at him expectantly, as if waiting for Keefe to leave so he could reassure himself that no more school boy shenanigans could be shenaniganed (let me make up words, I know you do it too)

"Oh, of couuuuurse, I will just be on my way now... Goodbye Tammy!" Keefe exclaimed. Sure, he was admitting humble defeat to Magnate Leto in excepting his punishment, but he certainly wasn't going to leave without a grand exit. For Keefe Sencen, it was almost impossible not to.

Keefe strolled over to Tam with a smirk, planting a soft kiss on the dark haired boy's cheek before turning and leaving the two elves speechless in the Foxfire hallway.