6th of august 1993 ☆

I sat perched on the edge on the edge of the bathtub, clutching the test in my trembling hands.

"Hurry up!" I rolled my eyes at the test, which was taking a long time to develop. Or it just felt like that.

"Where's the bloody phone book." I grumbled, slamming the test on to the sink counter a venturing off to find that god forsaken phone book.

I eventually found it in the draw of my bedside table.

"Nev." I said it outloud as I sat back on the edge of the bathtub, rapidly flicking through the book.

"There it is." I ran off to my landline.

I quickly dialled the numbers in, pressing my ear to the receiver in anticipation of him answering.

"Hello? Who's there?" A familiar tone took over the line.

"Gary, it's Red. Come over now, please, it's urgent." I spoke back, worry dominating my voice.

"What is it? I just got back from training?" He grumbled.

"I have no time for this, just come over!" I said impatiently before putting the phone down on him.

20 minutes later there was a knock at the door.

"Finally." I groaned, swinging the door open to be met with Gary's concerned looking face.

"What do you want from me?" He frowned, walking into my flat. "Sorry, that sounded a bit mean."

"Yeah whatever, not the point." I grabbed his wrist and dragged him along to bathroom with me.

"What is the point then?" He furrowed his brows.

"This is." I held up the pregnancy test, showing the side which didn't have the results on. "Look at it for me, I can't bring myself to."

"Who have you slept with apart from.." He looked at the results, his face dropping. "Me?"

"What? What does it say?" I stood on my tiptoes to look over his shoulder, which didn't work.

"Red.." He turned around to look at me, presenting the test in open palms. "You're having a baby."

He cleared his throat.

"Our baby."

I looked down an there it was, two lines.

"Gary I have no clue what to say, I mean, I can't look after it. I can't have it." My eyes welled up with tears.

"No Red. Please, we made it together you can't just get rid of it like that." He sighed, placing his hand on my lower stomach.

"And you can't tell me what to do." I pushed his hand off.

"Stop it." He frowned, placing his hand in the same place. "I'll be there for you, I swear."

He knelt down, lifted my top up and kissed the non-existent bump.

"You promise?" I looked down at him.

"I promise." He nodded at me, rising back up to his feet. "Red, I'm really sorry I left.. last time."

"Y'know, you had me thinking I wasn't very good in bed." I joked before stopping my laughs when I saw the frown on Gary's face.

"No, it wasn't anything like that. You were amazing, really amazing," He nodded. "It was just a mistake."

"I'm sorry, that wasn't funny." I bit down on my thumbnail.

"Yeah, whatever, it's fine." He sighed. "I think I need to get going."

"Okay. I'll see you soon?" I nodded, leading him out the bathroom.

"You'll see me soon, Red." He nodded back, leaving my flat and shutting the door behind him.