Chapter 4- Eyes without a face

Y/N's POV:
It was Sunday night and that was my final day of training. It wasn't that horrible and I got to talk with Abby a whole lot more. As I was thinking back about my day my phone started ringing. My eyes lit up it was my mum. "Hey mum I've missed you!" I said excitedly as I answered. "I miss you too Y/N. How are things at home, do you have enough food?" She asked all concerned. "Yeah don't worry I have enough food and everything is good at home. I got the job as well!" I said full of excitement. "That's wonderful and thank you I'm just so proud that you want to help out, but if it's ever too much with your final year you can always stop." She reassured me. "So when are you coming home?" I asked ignoring her last comment. "At around 10 pm hopefully." She said with a small sigh. "So where is your second job?" I asked. "I know you may be upset, but I'm working for your grandparents." She said. She sounded so ashamed and guilt washed over me. "Mum you really don't have to I could find another job on my days off from work and you can have that money including my current job's money." I protested. My grandparents were horrible to my mother and knowing that she endured this for me made my heart break. "It's okay. The pay is well and it's only for about 2 hours a day." She attempted to reassure me again. "Yeah, but what is it?" I asked slightly frustrated. "I'm a nanny for your um your father's new baby." She said voice full of embarrassment. "Oh." Was all that came out of my mouth. "Your father would like if he could see you he told me so himself." She said. "Oh my boss is calling I need to go see you later." I lied. I threw my phone to the side and screamed into my pillow. Why would she have to work so late as a nanny was she lying or did dad and his new wife like going out late? How could that even happen? The family disowned her years ago and now they need her help. Something wasn't adding up. The doorbell rang as I had an internal debate going on. Who the hell is here? The doorbell rang again which only made my irritation grow. I stormed downstairs and aggressively opened the door to be met with a glare. "Ellie?" I said. She continued glaring at me and held up my bag. Her green eyes always looking at me with the same malice as usual. "Maria sent me. You left this." She said in a slightly irritated tone. "Thank you I really appreciate it. Do you want some water?" I offered just to be polite. She looked at me as if I asked her to marry me. "No." She said and stormed off. To my surprise Dina was watching the whole thing. "Dina what are you doing here?" I questioned. "Can't a girl check up on her friend." She teased. I pulled her in and shut the door. "Do you want some water?" She said mocking me. "Oh shut up, but do you want some water?" I offered and rolled my eyes. "No I'm good, but seriously Y/N what was that?" She questioned in between chuckles. "I left my bag." I sighed. "No I meant the way you and Ellie interact." She said raising an eyebrow. "You went all soft and she was like all grrr until she turned around and her face was red." Dina elaborated. "Dina you're imagining." I say with disgust. "Whatever you say, but tomorrow there's going to be a party!" Dina exclaimed. "A party on a Monday. Sounds lame." I said and put chips in the air fryer. "Well it's at Cat's place so it's going to be good." Dina said as I set the timer for chips on twenty minutes. "Well I don't even know Cat so it would be weird to show up." I said. The real reason was if it's Cat's party Ellie is going to be there for sure and I don't feel like torturing my eyes more than they've been tortured. "Oh come on Y/N it's a party not a play date you don't need to be invited." Dina groaned. "I have work though." I said trying my best to avoid going. "I'll pick you up after work it only starts at 8 pm. Plenty of time." She stated. "My mum may say no." I said with a sheepish grin. "Liar." Dina said and rolled her eyes. "Ugh fine I don't want to go, because if Cat is there Ellie will be there." I groaned. "So what?" Dina said. I loved Dina's mentality but being around Ellie is the definition of walking on eggshells. "So I don't want to see her more than I need to." I stated. "You can't let Ellie William's dictate your life. Your drama happened years ago and it's just a party plus it's not like we're going to her party." Dina said. This was a bit convincing, but I still had my doubts. "Okay yeah but just for a short while." I said finally giving in to Dina's request which resulted in her doing a happy dance. "Whilst the chips are getting ready we have to watch season 2 of Dubai bling." Dina said and already started it up. We watched Dubai bling and ate chips and I just felt really glad to be around Dina. "Can you believe Ebraheem is getting married?" Dina said in shock. "Gosh no I though he was gay!" I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air. Dina just nodded whilst popping chips in her mouth. "Are you staying for the night?" I asked hoping it would be like old times. "Unfortunately not." She said with a guilty smile. "Jesse?" I questioned. "Jesse indeed." She said and returned to watching the show. Dina left at around 9:30 pm which left me some time to clean the kitchen before my mum came home. I scrolled through Instagram on the couch waiting for her. 11pm and she's not here. Just as I was about to head to my room she entered. "Hi mum." I said and approached her for a hug. She was freezing from the night's coldness. "How was work?" We both asked at the same time which led to us laughing. We spoke for hours until we realised we had a long days work ahead of us and we said our goodbyes for the night.