Chapter Two: Everything

***Edited/Rewritten

~XAVIER~

"Stop the car," I raise my voice, unable to keep my body calm.

"Alpha wha-"

"Stop the fucking car!" I growl out, feeling my claws begin to surface. I bite back the urge to shift.

Mate. Mate. Mate. The single word beats itself into my brain a million times. My heart races just at the thought of what I have found. Who I have found.

When I feel the car come to a halt, I get out, not even bothering to shut the fucking door, and make my way to her.

The rain is still coming down, drenching my clothes in the process. But I don't give a single fuck. I'd stand in the rain all day just to be around her.

Once I reach her the realization hits me. Human. I have to be careful, I don't want to frighten her.

When she notices me getting closer, she begins to step back so I stop right where I am. How the fuck am supposed to do this without scaring her away?

My muscles tighten as I make every fucking effort to hold back my wolf.

"Sorry, I uh-I saw you standing here on the way to work-" I say with clenched fists, trying not to lose control.

My wolf howls at the edge just wanting to touch her.

After waiting for seven years, I never thought I would find her. I was taught to believe I didn't deserve one. That I am undeserving of happiness.

I feel her shift in her place and my eyes immediately follow her small movements.

She seems so fucking fragile. The fact she isn't of my kind makes my wolf uneasy. It would be so easy for someone to hurt her.

She doesn't meet my gaze. She just continues to stare at the ground. Why won't she look at me? I just want to see her eyes. Are they blue? Are they green? So many questions run through my mind.

I step closer, before stopping again when I hear her heart rate pick up.

"I don't mean to scare you. I just wanted to know if you need a ride. The rain is getting worse." I say, begging her with my voice to just fucking look back at me. I can see her struggling with herself. She bites her lip causing me to tense up. She needs to stop that, now.

I feel my wolf at the edge just wanting me to hold her, to warm her, to help her. I want so fucking badly to take her with me, but she is human, and I have to do this the right way.

I am snapped out of my thoughts when I hear her quiet voice start to say something. Her eyes slowly make their way to my face. Very slowly.

"I-I am fine. T-Thank you." Her sweet voice almost distracts me from my concern for her current state. Something is off, I can sense it. Our bond is already growing with each moment I stand here with her.

"Please, let me help you," I say, trying to sound as gentle as possible.

As the words leave my mouth, her eyes finally meet mine and I am captured in them. Ocean Blue. I can feel our connection even more now. I can see her.

My own body eases as I sense her relax a little. She can feel this, us, I fucking know she can. I can tell she is arguing with herself. Not sure of what she feels or if she should trust me. I reach out my hand to her, giving her a small smile. Goddess, I hope that she'll take my hand. Her eyes still remain on mine. Neither of us able to, or wanting to, look away.