Chapter Eight: Okay

~Aurora~

I kissed him...I kissed him...

It feels amazing. I can not believe I just did that. Oh my gosh. It just feels so...right.

I lean away from our kiss and look up at him. He is so quiet. Oh no, what if, what if he did not want me to do that! Why did I do that?

"I-I'm sorry-" He cuts me off by bringing his lips back onto mine. When he backs away to look into my eyes again, he pushes a strand of hair behind my ear and places his forehead on mine.

"I have wanted to do that for so long Rory." He says. His smile was so big it made me want to smile.

"My mom used to call me Rory. She wou-would have liked to k-know you." I say, smiling.

He stares back at me as if he has seen me for the first time.

"That's the first time I have seen you really smile Rory. I would love to have met her. Your mom is she.."

"She died-died on my birthday when I was s-six." I say, looking down at my hands. It is true. She would have liked to meet Xavier. She would have seen how he makes me feel. We could have been confused about all of this together.

His eyes furrow at first before they soften into concern.

"I'm so sorry love. I'm so sorry. When is your birthday?" He asked, holding my hands in his. I assume it was so I do not fidget.

"I-I do not like to celebrate it. Or talk ab-about it." I look down at our hands.

"Rory-"

I just shake my head.

"Hey, you've barely eaten, let me make you dinner. What do you like?" he asks. Every now and then I am reminded that while we are connected, and while I feel so close to him already, we barely know each other.

"N-no one since my m-mom has cooked for me. I normally d-do not eat much." I say, feeling guilty for not knowing my own favorite food.

"Hey, I'll make you something food okay? While I cook, we can get to know each other more? How does that sound?"

I give him a small smile and nod. It feels like in a way we are doing everything backward. Living together and kissing first then getting to know each other last.

I follow him down the stairs to the kitchen. He makes sure to help me since my ribs still hurt a bit.

Flashbacks of Tom come into my head from time to time, but Xavier being here, it helps.

I stand leaning against the counter while Xavier looks in the cabinet for what to cook. He pulls out a box of pasta. As I watch him begin to cook, I think about our kiss. How I wanted to melt into it, into him. I have not been with anyone but...but Tom. Thinking about it makes my skin crawl. I feel sick remembering his touch. But Xaviers is so much more. It is everything. It means more.

 I wonder if he has been with anyone. If I am enough when the time comes. If he even wants that at all. I can not believe I am even thinking about it. A part of me assumes it is the bond.

What Tom did....it hurt a lot and I felt nothing but pain. I hope it will not be like that with Xavier, but I have nothing to compare what I have been through to.

"What's going on in that head of yours Rory?" I did not realize I was spacing out. Xavier is facing me, holding a pot and spoon in his hand.

"N-nothing." You, I think in my head. It has only been him lately on my mind.