Chapter Ten: Monster

~Xavier~

Flashback to the councel meeting

"Xavier-Alpha of the Blackstone Pack, we are happy you are able to grace us with your presence."

I wouldn't be so snarky if I were them. They are taking me away from my mate right now.

"I have come to announce to you that I found my mate. She is human and learning our ways but will need time. I'm giving her that time." I say firmly.

I watch as they look toward one another, deciding how to respond.

"A human Luna...this has not happened in years." The counselor says to me and the other counselors.

"I am well aware." I grit out.

"We must-"

I growl and cut him off.

"You must what? I would watch your next words, councilmen." I could feel my hands close into fists trying to think of Aurora. She is the only thing that can give me peace and calm me down at all.

A councilwoman begins to speak up, narrowing her eyes at the councilmen.

"What he means to say Alpha, is that we would like to be aware of her introduction to the pack...as well as her marking. It is an important process of the bond. It must be followed out so that no other Alpha can challenge you."

I scoff. "No one would dare challenge me. I am the rightful alpha, a true blood and that is how it will remain until Aurora carries my pups."

"Not for your place as Alpha, Xavier." She takes a deep breath. "Your place as Aurora's Mate."

End of Flashback

~Aurora~

"P-please T-" Before I can get the words out I feel a sharp sting across my cheek. I am not surprised at all, not when it happened many times before. All I used to feel was fear, of not knowing what would happen next. Now, all I can think about is Xavier. 

"You think you are so fucking brave, huh, leaving me to go live with that mutt! Remember what I did before you cunt! You thought that was bad...just you fucking wait. You won't be so quiet this time! I'll make sure all I hear is your screams..." He says into my ear. I can feel his hot breath on my neck. His touch feels disgusting against mine as if it is against nature and I want to throw up from how close he is to me.

I have to run, I have to get out of his hold-I can not let him do that to me, no not again, I do not think I can live through it again.

Before I can stop myself, words come out of my mouth.

"I-would rather d-die" I say gritting my teeth, tears falling down my face. Before, I was always so afraid of him. I had nothing to lose. Now I do though. I have Xavier. 

"Fucking bitch!" He says, pushing me to the ground and kicking me in the stomach before I hear a loud howl. I know it the minute I hear it without ever hearing it before. Xavier. He is coming. 

"Dammit!" Tom says, grabbing my hoodie and pulling it towards him.

I feel Xavier getting closer.

Tom leans in close to my face and smiles "He's not gonna want you after he knows what I did to you...see you soon Aurora."  He roughly pushes me further to the ground and backs away running into the woods.

As Tom leaves, I can hear Xavier shift as I lie on my back, holding my stomach in my hands and looking up at the sky. Even though It really hurts, it is something I am used to. Pain.

Xavier runs to me and picks me up into his arms.

All I can think of is the relief that Xavier's touch is bringing me, now that I no longer feel Tom's.

When Xavier looks at me his eyes are full of so many emotions; Rage, fear, Anger. His eyes change from green to black on and off again.

"Xavier-" Before I can say anything else I feel his teeth sink into my neck. I scream as an excruciating pain goes throughout my body.

Then everything goes dark.

~Xavier~

What have I done? What the fuck have I done...

Looking down at my mate in my arms, I can still taste her blood in my mouth from marking her.

I forcefully marked her.

When I saw her lying on the ground, I lost control. I just lost fucking control.

What I have done will cost us. It will cost her.

I don't know if she will ever look at me the same.

I sense Chase walks up to us. I growl at him.

"Where the fuck were they huh! Where the fuck were Sam and John! They were supposed to watch her, protect her!"

If I wasn't holding Aurora right now, I would have him by his neck. Beta or not, he has failed me and his Luna.

His head is down in shame.

"They are dead Alpha. We found them torn apart on the border of the school woods. We think-no-we know it was rogues."

Suddenly, everything clicks into place. Tom is a rogue. He has to be. I couldn't place his scent before. Fuck! Could he have taken Sam and John down on his own...no, no they were too strong.

As I look back at Chase, I can see we are thinking the same thing. I just don't want it to be fucking true.

"Tom didn't work alone," Chase says.

I feel a growl escape my lips.

I look down at Aurora and caress her face. 

After what I had done I wonder if she will ever trust me again.

All I know right now is that I need to get her home.

Today we will mourn the loss of our fallen pack members.

Tomorrow we will train, and we will plan our attack.

Tom has started a war. I will end that fucking bastard and anyone that sides with him.

I will be what everyone feared I was all along.

A monster.