Chapter Twelve: Secrets

~Xavier~

Waking up to my mate is the best fucking feeling in the world. I don't think I've ever slept so well in my life. Her tiny figure is curled up against my large frame. I wonder when she would be comfortable enough to let me kiss her again. Just looking down at her now, all I want to do is make her feel as good and as happy as she makes me. Which makes me want to devour her, and make her mine. My eyes wander over to my mark on her and a wave of guilt washes over me. 

I feel her stir on the bed and I watch as she stretches out her arms, yawns, and opens her eyes to see mine gazing at her.

"Good morning Beautiful," I say.

I watch as she smiles. This feels good, this feels right. Having her in my arms, in our bed. This is how it is always supposed to be. I don't think I can ever sleep away from her now.

"G-goodmorning." She says.

A knock at the door brings us out of our moment making me growl.

"What?" I ask.

"Alpha, the meeting with the pack warriors is starting soon."

It is Chase. I know I need to get up and start making preparations for hunting Tom. It is just hard when I have my mate here with me. I never want to leave her side, or this bed. Fuck.

"Inform them I will be down shortly....um thank you, Chase," I say. Aurora is definitely making me soft. He was my beta, I didn't have to thank him. His duty was to be my righthand man. Since I found Aurora, I have wondered if I could build something more than obligation, but friendship with Chase.

As I hear Chase walk away from the door and down the hall, I feel Aurora's eyes on me.

"W-why are you m-meeting?"

I let out a deep breath. I told her I would earn her trust back. In order to do that, I need to be more honest with her about my intentions, and my plans.

"We are hunting Tom." As I say it, her whole mood changes, and her smile fades. There is still something she is not telling me. When I found out about her scars last night I thought the uneasy feeling she gets from time to time would go away but it is still here.

"W-what will you do when you f-find him?" As she looks at me, I can tell she already knows what I am going to say.

"Aurora, I am going to kill him." I feel my beast awaken and my anger comes to the surface. "I am going to torture him until he begs me to kill him. He hurt the most important thing to me, and I will not let that go." I gritt out. I try to control my emotions, but it is very hard when I have her in my arms and I think about the abuse he put her through.

I feel her hand on my face. I instantly calm down at her touch.

"I...I do-dont want you to-to." If her hand wasn't on me right now, I would be fuming. What the fuck does she mean she doesn't want me to.

"Ror-" She cuts me off.

"I don't want you to get hu-hurt." She says, leaving me stunned. She thinks of me that way? She worries for my safety? I know she cares for me but fuck...to hear her say things like this makes me want her more.

"Baby, there is very little that can hurt me. I am an alpha, I can't be killed easily. The only person in this world that can hurt me is you, and I know you will never do that." As I say this I can see her relax more.

When she goes to move she winces and grabs her neck, closing her eyes.

It physically hurt me to see what I have done to her.