Hāre lantēpsa

Ten Years Later

Ten Years Later

Visenyra sat near Queen Jasina as they waited for news on Rhaenyra, Laena sat next to them with her four children. Something that would not have happened without Visenyra's meddling and the employ of her mid-wives from Essos. Her eyes were glued to her youngest nephew as he babbled happily "Have you chosen which child will take over the stepstones?".Laena smiled and lowered her cup the smell of moon tea was strong. "No, we have not Daemon has decided that everyone will have the same level of education before he picks a successor" Visenya smiled and nodded in approval before drinking her tea.

Both women glanced at the Queen who sat quietly rocking her grandchildren, her blue eyes were shining with joy as the two children laughed. "I smell the moon tea in both your cups the scent is almost stifling". The two women shared a look and laughed "The men we married are insatiable, look at Visenyra she has had nine children in the past years. She even carried multiples in her last pregnancies".

The woman flushed and then eyed Laena "He enjoys taunting Daemon about who has more heirs" At that Laena started laughing loudly while the Queen just shook her head. There was a knock on the door and a servant girl entered "Your Highness, Prince Aegon and Princess Helaena are requesting permission to enter". 

Visenyra's smile melted away as she gave a curt nod. The two children entered the room one with tears rushing down her face and the other furious. "Bona hightower orvorta ivestretan helaena bona issa daor iā drēje Targārien se mērī iā tool syt dīnilūks" (That Hightower cunt told Helaena that she is not a true Targaryen and only a tool for marriage.)

Aegon's anger curled around his words and came out with such vitriol that Laena and the Queen were surprised. Visenyra remembering how the man in the books and show had presented himself just took her sister in her arms before glancing at him and shaking her head. "Issa sepār iā consort, ñuha jorrāelagon iksā iā dārilaros se iā zaldrīzes kipagīros. Act hae lo ao dōrī ryptan zirȳla udra, remember iksā iā zaldrīzes issa iā ōtor se īlon devour ōtor" (She is just a consort, my dear you are a princess and a dragon rider. Act as if you never heard her words, remember you are a dragon she is a sheep and we devour sheep.)

Helaena wiped her tears and gazed at her older sister with a smile. Aegon watching on relaxed and smiled and watched as Helaena rushed off to watch the babies. "Mandia, kostilus shifang bona ao care syt īlva, yn issa daor iā muña. Jaelza naejot udrāzma īlva syt zirȳla lentor naejot gaomagon" (Sister, please understand that you care for us, but she is not a mother. She wants to command us for her family to use.)

The Queen straightened and glanced at Aegon with dark eyes "Tresy, māzigon kesīr" Aegon quickly walked over to the woman who held his face in her hands and smiled "alicent hightower teptan sikagon naejot ao yn iksā ñuha riña, ñuha tresy se ñuha legacy. Istin nyke draw jelevre kessa daor emagon ao iā ñuha tala" (Son, come here Alicent Hightower gave birth to you, but you are my child, my son and my legacy. Once I draw breath, she will not have you or my daughter.)

Aegon relaxed in her hold and nodded never seeing how Jasina and Visenyra shared a similar look of fury. Laena however took note of it and silently prepared to inform her spouses of the information. Suddenly the door was thrown open and Laenor rushed in "Twins a boy and a girl" At this the occupants cheered loudly Before allowing Laena to join Daemon while Rhaenyra got some rest.

Visenyra rose from her chair and fixed her clothing "I shall go announce the news to the council" As she walked down the hall the woman silently reminded herself that she would be returning to her husband in a few hours. Rhaenyra had sent her wife on dragon back to bring her sister the night before for a Valyrian prayer ceremony as she had a bad feeling. Turns out Visenyra's presence was a blessing as she noticed a Maester pouring something into Rhaenyra's water and quickly intercepted it. The Maester who also served their father was locked away in the black cells and was awaiting trial.

She entered the small council room and walked over to her chair before sitting down across from her was Rhaenys and next to her was Corlys both of whom she gave a firm nod to before speaking. "Your grace, as the heir of the Iron throne it is my duty to inform you that Princess Rhaenyra has safely birthed a prince and a princess." 

She watched as her father grinned before turning to his small council "This is great news please make a formal announcement when Prince Daemon and Princess Rhaenyra are ready to announce the names" Visenyra nodded and returned to her sitting position beside her Corlys whispered "Laena was right, Daemon wants too many children for one wife to have".

Visenyra held back from laughing as she and Rhaenys shared a look before focusing on the rest of the meeting. That is when she noticed someone glaring at her and turned to meet their gaze. Dressed in green with a self-important aura near the end of the table was Otto Hightower. It took everything in her not to scream. Rhaenys just caught her eyes and made a face. As if to say her father never listened.

 Her smiling face went stone cold with fury before she spoke "Lord Hightower I was not aware you had returned to the small council" The room grew silent as many turned to the man and then the King who seemed pale "Visenyra he came to inquire about the state of the kingdom and visit a Maester he sent for Rhaenyra".

Visenyra let out a cold laugh before rising from her chair and walking over to the man "So that Maester was one of yours. Good. Very well" The princess glared at her father and then spoke loudly "Guards Arrest Lord Hightower for the attempted assassination of Princess Rhaenyra and two of the royal grandchildren".

The small council members shared looks of horror when the guards came in and dragged the man out before the princess turned to her father. "Every person in our family has warned you about Otto Hightower and you have failed to listen I wonder if the Maesters dealing with your health are his as well" She watched as her father's eyes widened and he looked uncomfortable but she continued "The rest of us employ healers of Essos and the midwives but you trust in the Maesters of Oldtown that will not get you very far."

As the Princess left the room the council turned to the king who was shaking with fury "You are all dismissed. Guards bring me consort Hightower!"

While the king no longer slept with Alicent she had remained locked in her tower with a septa and frequent visits from the Queen. The woman was eventually dragged in the King sat and watched her "Did you know about the Maesters and their meddling?" 

Alicent was genuinely confused, and it showed "What about the maesters? and what meddling?" The king watched her and just scoffed at her. "A tool for political power but he does not inform her of his plans. Take lady Alicent to Princess Visenyra I am tired of seeing her face".