⫸ 𝙲 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 - 𝙵 𝚒 𝚟 𝚎 ⫷

"Nick Got Attacked And He's At The Hospital Right Now"

my eyes open wide and I push myself off of my seat and walk over to her and hold her hands "Calm down what are you saying?" She took a breath and spoke once more "Steve found Nick in his apartment and he was beaten and then they both were attacked and now Nick is at the hospital and dying! WE HAVE TO GO NOW!"

Now a little explanation here, before we all moved into the tower at one point we all lived in houses or apartments and such. I lived with Steve at his place before we all moved to the tower, however, from time to time we still go back home because to me just because I live there doesn't mean it's my home. I can't speak for others but that's my reason..
I feel my body tense up and nod "Okay let me get ready, you get the car and we can go okay? Don't. Leave. Without. Me." and with that I head to my room

Me and Nick never saw Eye To Eye but that doesn't mean I don't care about him..he helped save me from HYDRA and for that I guess I owe my life to him. He's a problematic person yes but he has a soft side and I was one of few to see it..

I just hope he recovers..

After getting a blue t-shirt and a black jeans on I put on my black combat boots and a dark brown leather jacket I had found on and headed out the door and got in the car with Nat to which she sped off.

"Do you have any other information? Like who attacked him where that person was from or even ballistics?" I asked the series of questions i was hoping to get answers to but i got nothing because well she had nothing "okay well what do you know?" She sighed as she drove around a corner "There was a shooter. That's what I was told.."

I sigh and nodded "Better than nothing.." and she nods "Yeah." her voice is laced with panic and worry so different then how i have seen her before..

"It's okay Nat.. he's going to be okay.."

Right?

We finally pull out to the main doors and we get out of the car and head inside the fastest we can, knocking past doors trying to get where we need.

Nat gets through the door and I follow shortly after. She gets to the window and looks through it trying to hold herself together and I freeze at the window as I see multiple doctors in the room trying to not only patch Nick up but keep him alive.

"You think he'll make it?" I hear Nat ask and I look over to Steve whom is standing at the window leaning on his hands that were placed on the windows frame and then over my left shoulder I see Agent Hill on the phone.

"I don't know." Steve answers softly "Who?" I asked and Steve spoke again "Tall, male, strong, fast, and he has a metal arm."

I was taken aback by his answer, a metal arm.. Could it be?

I look over to Nat and her face shows shock as her body tenses up. She knows. I thought as I noticed that Hill has now walked over.

"Ballistics?" Nat spoke softly and Hill nodded "Three slugs, No rifling. Completely untraceable." Hill explained and I looked through the window in shock

"Soviet made." me and Nat said at the same time

No...

Not him...

I know him...

But why can't I remember?

Why can't I remember his name?

At this point my ear shut down as well as my hands and my feet, numbness spreading all throughout my body. My mouth is dry.. There is a pain in my chest.. its so bad and I know why its there..