Calls

It had been a good 5 days now since Ash's mom died, now it was time for the hard part. Telling others if they would attend the funeral. Ash sat by the phone with Misty to the left and Pikachu to the right. He stared at the phone. 

"It's alright Ash, take as long as you need." 

"Thanks Mist." 

Ash looked once again. He said some pretty awful things to them...and did some pretty awful things. Now he has to face them a good 7 years after not seeing them at all. 

"Here goes nothing." Ash dialed the first number. 

The video screen opened to some familiar faces. It was Drew, May, there 3 year old son Nick, and a visiting Max. Nick, May, and Max were in the background, while Drew was front and center. 

"H-hey Drew. Long time no see." Drew's eye twitched. "Uh-oh." 

"Uh-oh is right! You call after 7 years and you say long time no see?!" 

"I'm so-" 

"Hey Drew, who a-YOU!" 

"Hey May, lon-" 

"How dare you call us after what you did!" 

"First I would like to say sorry-" 

"Sorry!? That is the bare MINIMUM of what you should say! You almost ruined my wedding!" 

"Yeah dude, when I asked you to be my best man, I figured you of all people wouldn't ditch your friends biggest day." 

"I'm so sorry guys for what I did, and I want to make things better, but I called you about something else." 

"Oh, and what exactly is that?!" 

"My mom died." There was a silence. 

"Oh Ash-" 

"Don't, I've already gone through enough sympathy from Misty." 

"Wait, Misty's there?" 

"Yep." 

"And I thought she would be the last to speak to you." 

"Drew." 

"Sorry not sorry." 

"Well she was close to my mom, so she wanted to help and I'm grateful." 

"Misty being caring? Rea-" 

"Don't you finish that sentence Drew." 

"Of course she's right there." 

"Yeah, now I was hoping you guys could come to the funeral service next Saturday." 

"Of course Ash, just send us the details." 

"Will do, and thanks guys." 

"Yeah yeah, see ya Ash." 

They all then hung up. 

"Well that went better than expected." 

"It really did, now I just have to do...Paul, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, Mallow, Lillie, Lana, Sophocles, Kiawe, Goh, and Gary." 

"Yeah, this is going to be a LONG day." 

Ash said and did a LOT of bad things to all of his friends. He basically harassed Dawn for being immature to the point of tears. Paul confronted Ash, but he just got security to throw him into a back alley...well in a dumpster in a back alley...on trash day. He sent Iris to an insane asylum to work out her adventurous ways because she was bothering his duties. He made Cilan do all his work so he could spend some free time without his friends. He destroyed Clemont's inventions, shot down Bonnie's joy, and when Serena told him how she felt...well he wasn't very gentle on letting her know he didn't feel the same. He harassed everyone from Alola, especially poor Sophocles. He pretty much said Goh will never fulfil anything in life and will rot alone. Then he destroyed Gary's brand new lab after they got into a fight and a bunch of other cans of worms. 

Ash was a very different man after that 1st year of becoming pokemon master, but he really wanted to make up for that. Maybe this tragedy could bring something good. 

... 

It was about 11 P.M, and Ash was on his last call. 

"Alright, last one." He dialed the number. The screen lit up fairly quickly. 

"He-"

"Save it Ash, I know why you called." 

"You do?" 

"Remember gramps was with you." 

"Oh yeah, well I-we would love for you to come next Saturday." 

"I'll be there, but not for you. I'll be there to pay respects to her. See ya." He hung up. 

"Well, I deserve that." 

"I guess so. Well, I'm going to bed, see you tomorrow Ash." 

"Night Mist." 

As Misty went upstairs, Ash stared at the screen. 

"Pi?" 

"Sorry bud, I just feel like I can finally help instead of hurt."