ch#7

(Hi! Just wanted to say , if you read the chapters then feel free to comment , I'm new and I'd like a bit of feedback. Thanks! Hope you enjoy.)(P.S don't forget to vote/follow etc.)

Annie

Mum's been worried about me the entire day --They decided on calling the police , but I begged them not to. I don't know what happened that night  , everything's a blur . I remember Rian and then nothing else. I took the day off , I know I shouldn't be here but I'm a bit too into this now. I need answers , I need to know what happened , who did this to me. I woke up naked on a bed in some strange room  with no memory of how I got there . I was gonna find out.

I knew that mum wouldn't let me out of the house with what happened , she didn't even let me go to school . But I can't stay here , I have to get out.Somehow.Sam! I have to talk to Sam , he was there  ,I was with him , he knows.

Sam

11:00  a. m .Fuck. I'm late , I'm fucking late .

I got up and pulled my clothes on.fuck.I was suppose to get there at 8 . Shit. Today was the last day of practise ,coach was gonna kill me.I took my car keys and ran out of the house . I don't know how many cars I cut and how many of the drivers shot me a  finger , but it could've been a record .I got there half an hour later thanks to the fact the the stadium was miles away from my house.I ran into the lockers and got into my uniform real quick.

Most people would think that having your dad as your football coach would be great and that you'd always be the captain and get all the praise.No.It was not . It was hell. He was stood there on the field looking at his stopwatch. I walked up next to him and without looking up he said ,"Truly ....today son ,you've truly out - tardied yourself."

Yes , my father- 52 years old  , 6' feet tall and the most vile man you'll ever meet. He never fails to remind me why I left the house  a year ago . But I couldn't leave football . 

"I got a bit busy last night."

"Have you been spending time with Rian again ?" , this time he looked up.

" uhh....Yeah , he had a party ."

"How many times have I told you to stay away from him?"

"How many time do you have to tell me stuff to realize I'm never listening."

Fuck , I thought . 18 years and that look still gets to me.He was the kind of man who could get a 35 year old to piss his pants.

"50 push ups now ."

"Wha-

"50."

Great  , I thought.

                                                                                           *

I was going back home when I saw her building . I won't lie ,I'd been thinking about her for some time. Some time meaning the entire night. I hope she's fine , maybe I should go and see her but I'm not sure she'd be happy with that. I doubt how much they would let me in. I stayed at her house for 2 hours , answering questions about who I was , where I lived  , what happened , where did I find her. The  man asked all the questions , her mom just cried . I felt guilty and responsible for all of it , even though I shouldn't. If I hadn't been passing through that road , somebody else  would have found her and I don't even want to think of what they'd do to her. That's what happened here . That's why I was gonna leave. This wasn't my place and even though I grew up here I knew I belonged back in Canada.

I needed to see her.I stopped the car and got out , 18th floor I remember.I got into the same elevator and then knocked on her door.No one answered. I knocked again , this time I heard footsteps .

"Hi!", I said as soon as she opened the door , she just stared at me.

"I'm Sam ? Remember we -" 

"Yes ..... I remember , " she said as if she regretted the memory.

"I just wanted to see if you were alright -"

"I'm alright. "

"Oh....ummm , how's your head?" I asked not knowing what to say next . She didn't look very happy to see me.

"I need to talk to you ," she said suddenly very eager.

"Yeah , sure - "she pulled me in before I could say another word.

We walked to her room which had a bed and cardboard boxes all around . She sat on the side of the bed and looked at me . She seemed relaxed, unlike last night when she couldn't even blink without getting a panic attack. I think it was the first time I saw her face properly. Round , with a small nose , her eyes were a nice brown and her hair fell light around her shoulders.

"I want to know what happened last night," she said breaking me from the trance.

"Last night? I don't know ," I said and her face suddenly tensed. I told her how I found her lying on the road and she looked like she might cry , but she didn't instead her face just hardened. She told me how she woke up in a room and how she didn't remember anything. 

"All I remember before waking up in that room is Rian ,I was with him and then...." she stopped ,I could see that she was hurt ,and I wanted to help her I really did but I knew Rian , I knew he was the one behind this.

"Look ," I said to her , " This is not exactly America , your in Saudi....Things here are a bit different". I remember the first time I came here , even though I was little , the change affected me.

"You can't really just go out with anyone and trust them ," I could see that she didn't want to hear any of it , but she had to know .

"you have to be -- " I wanna know who raped me ," she said cutting me off.shit, rape? As much as I knew Rian I would never have imagined him....shit.She'd really been through too much , I thought she was just having a culture shock. She'd been raped.

I just stared at her ,I had know idea what to do and at the moment a I could have torn Rian apart. What the fuck had he been thinking.

Then suddenly she started crying , I've never been good with crying girls. I just sat there waiting for her to stop but when she didn't , I said , "I'll help you." That made her stop so fast I wondered if she'd really been crying.

"Really?'

"Yes."

I had to , I was too involved now.

                                                                                        *