ch#15

Annie

I couldn't have felt worse . For the past 8 months I'd been trying to figure out who did that to me , what happened that night and now that I knew , there was nothing I could do about it. What would I do with this? It had all come back to me but I didn't know what to do.I couldn't ignore him my entire life and pretend I didn't know anything , I couldn't wait for the year to end and then run away. I needed freedom , freedom from all those horrible thoughts , the fact that I could no longer look at myself the same way. I knew I wouldn't be at peace until I had my revenge . I needed life to be fair to me and seeing how I would never have all of that just sitting around here , I knew I had to do something. Whatever it would take.

As much as I knew Sam , I knew he was incapable of any help. He'd been rather distant ever since I met him about 8 months ago . I knew he cared for me but it wasn't anymore than I cared for myself , which was a very little amount to be honest. I called him and told him all of that had happened and his tone suggested that he didn't want to believe me , not because he loved me or anything but because he had to concentrate on his tournament. I was up the entire night trying to figure out why he acted the way he did and today I couldn't be less bothered . Eversince I've come here , I've learned that it's absolutely fine to not take shit from people.Even if those people you had trusted and loved.

And so my decision was final. I was not gonna be that girl who just sat there and let things be done to her and not say a word about it. 

What I decided I would do was most probably the stupidest thing I had ever thought of and the girl that was till about a year ago would never have done something like that.And so that was it. People say everything happens for a reason they don't tell you if the reason affects you or not.So assuming that this is true , dad's death , coming to Saudi Arabia , that night , meeting Sam all of it happened for a reason . That reason that would appear in the morning newspaper , become a case , encourage feminist groups and in a couple of years be forgotten .