ch#3

I woke up to Shirley's butt on my face.There's a start , I thought to myself.I looked at the watch.6:00 am , around the same in the evening in Manhattan.I had to get up and get going.Mum said I could take the taxi for a few days until I got used to the route and could manage on foot.I went out as soon as I was ready and stopped by mum's room to say bye. I wish I hadn't.

"She's not ready for this."

"I know , she's a big girl....she'll understand."

"She just lost her dad."

"Come here," he said as he pulled her closer.

Mum!!!!........I'm not sure how I should've interpreted seeing my mum kiss her dead husband's brother.But it sure as hell wasn't "understandable".Seeing your mum kiss someone was gross ,seeing her kiss her husband's brother required a new name.I didn't say anything , just left slamming the door hard enough to let them know.I called a taxi and sat inside almost forgetting to tell the driver where I had to go.How could she be so selfish and so heartless.That was her husband's brother , her DEAD HUSBAND'S BROTHER.And he wasn't even cute.It was so much to process .Since the past few weeks I don't even know what's been happening in my life.Mum and Paul.Ugh.He tried to......ugh...what was she thinking.

I rushed past the hallway real quick.I noticed a couple of people staring at me.I've always hated it when people stared.I walked a bit too quick and bumped into Rian.He had a ciggerete between his lips and his hair looked messy as if he just got up.He caught me by my shoulders and smirked.

"Lunch?"

"Ummmmm"

"Table 5 , next to the board room."

I now had a date with Rian after about 3 periods.I slept through the class and almost ran over Mrs.Flowers in the hallway.

Table 5 , next to the board room. alright

"Your late"

"I had english and then ran into Mrs.Flowers.I also have tiny legs but you can't see the under my abaya.Too much information?"

He stared at me and then almost smiled.Almost.

"What are you doing here?",he asked.

"Uhhhh....you asked me?.

"No....in Saudi.What are you doing in Saudi?"

"My mum and I moved here to live with my....eerr....uncle ,after my dad died."

"How did he die?"

Just as I thought ,he was a dickhead.

"Ummm....." , I was clearly uncomfortable , but he just raised an eyebrow at me.

"Car accident ," I said , a bit too harsh than I was going for.

"Sooo what are you doing here?"

"I just told you! We don't have anyone in Manhattan."

He just sat there , saying nothing.He was getting on my nerve , everything was.

"So you called me here to sit and let you stare at my face?, I snarled.

He smirked.Again.He was really getting on my nerve.

"Come with me to Salim's party".

"I can't , I've stuff to do"

"Really? ,what stuff ?"

"What do you mean what stuff?.....stuff."

"Says the girl who arrived in Saudi less than 2 days ago...what stuff could you possibly have?"

I couldn't help it.He was right.Ever since I've come here which is less than 2 days ago I've done nothing but eat ice cream and read lame books.I had to get out.

"You have to get out"

The hell.

"Alright."

"What?"

"Alright.I'll go with you."

"So ,it's a date"?

"No."

"Then?"

"I'm new and your showing me around?"

"Whatever you say cupcake , tonight at 8:pm ," he said passing me a napkin across the table with the address on it.

"See ya".

"See ya."