ch#8

Annie

Alright , I figured being a girl was hard enough but being a girl in Saudi Arabia would require extra effort. "It wasn't your fault ," Sam had said to me.He was right , I wasn't gonna let that night define me.

Sam said he'd meet me at school ,his university was close by. He'd been nice to me and I had judged him way too fast , I could see that he was only trying to help .

I had spent the entire night walking around my room , I couldn't at all sleep .

I sat in for the first period , that's when I heard him.

"Dude , you won't believe -" , that voice.It was so familiar. I had heard it somewhere before , I got up and left the class . I had to follow that voice.I ran through the hallways , there were a couple of boys walking into the gym. Seeing the chance I sneaked in.

He was there with a couple of other guys . Rian . He was laughing at something and then he saw me. I expected him to be scared ,I knew he was the one behind this but no , he just smiled at me .Shit. He was walking towards me now , I stood there still as ever .

"Hey , cupcake ," he said to me.No.My eyes were turning hot again .I pushed him away.

"We have to talk ," I told him .No reaction .

"Sure."

Sam

10:00 a.m.fuck.Why could I never get up on time.I rushed through shower , grabbed my breakfast and left.

I drove over to her school , I had promised I'd meet her there today but I was so fucking late I didn't know if I would make it in time.

I ran into the building and made it just before lunch break . I saw her as soon as I entered , she was wearing her abaya like a jacket , I figured she wouldn't get used to it. Her hair was in a pony and the sun was shining right behind her , she looked like a thousand gold coins.I walked right up to her but she seemed to be so lost that she didn't even notice.

"Hi! " I said and she immeadiately snapped out of her trance.

She seemed startled but then said , "Hey...I thought you weren't gonna come ."

"I'm a keeper of promises, " I said hoping she would laugh but she just stared at me so I felt kinda embarased.

"uhh...I mean , yeah...here I am ," I said then , as I sat down next to her , and she seemed to get lost again.

"Hey......what's wrong ," I said to her . idiot . How on earth is she suppose to be any other way with all that's happened , as far as I knew she was being much stronger than I first thought she was. I waited for her to talk ,I figured it was neccesary to give her space , but she finally said , " I met Rian ."

Oh . " You did ? What happened ?" I asked her.

"He was with some other guys when I met him ....They all looked -" she closed her eyes , " so....familiar ," she said it as if it hurt to have.

"So did you guys talk ? " , I asked her.

"Yeah , he left just before you came ."

"What did he say ?"

"He said he has no idea what I was talking about and that I was most probably dreaming it - " I could see the water build up behind her lashes , God , please don't cry. "- He said I was the first one to leave saying it was late and then he never saw me again ," why was he lying to her.

"You said that the guys were familiar."

"I don't know , whatever's happening has got me very confused......I really don't know," for some reason I didn't want to see her like that.

"What are you doing tonight ?" I asked her.

She looked up at me with her eyes widened ,and then her face relaxed.

"You mean apart from trying to figure my life out ," she said.

"Uhhh....You could use a nice distraction ....we could go out ," I said .I don't know what I was hoping for.She just stared at me and then said , " I don't think my mum's gonna allow that....I didn't tell her anything but she's scared."

"Then let's do it now ," I said .

"What do you mean ?"

"Now , let's go , I'll take you somewhere interesting."

I don't know why I was doing this but I wanted to be spending more time with her , she looked down as if she were thinking of the universe or something. God , she looked like the universe.

"No."

"Huh?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't know...I just....I can't ," she got up to leave.

"Wait , we could ju-" and before I could say anything , she was gone.

*

(Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Hope I'm not being annoying just wanted to say don't forget to vote/follow/comment . Thanks , loves .Bye , hope you enjoyed!)