ch#10

Sam

This morning I woke up determined to meet Annie . Determined and late . fuck , it was 10:48 a.m. I ran into to the shower , grabbed lunch and left for practice . I decided I would drop by her school and talk to her , it'd been about 2 weeks since we last talked. I needed to know how she was. She'd been stressed so I decided to give her some space for a few days , but now every time she saw me she'd just run .

"Get your head out of the clouds , Havin !" coach yelled. I kicked the ball wondering if he remembered that it was his surname.

I went to her school at 1:00 p.m. That was the time she walked home ,and no I was not stalking her. Okay, maybe a little but I was just worried.

I waited for half an hour till I figured she wasn't there, what if she went back to America . Maybe that was good cause this wouldn't lead anywhere anyway , in 2 years I'd be gone but I had to find out. I was kinda worried and weirdly protective of her now. fuck man , I didn't even know what I was getting myself into.

*knock knock* No answer .

I knocked again . I had practiced about a thousand times how I would say hello and yet when she opened the door all I did was stare. She looked beautiful . She was wearing pink pajamas with cats all over, a white tank top and her hair was in a bun and she was wearing a sock only on her left foot.Beautiful.

"If you came here just to stare at my face then I should tell you I'm busy ."

"Huh?...oh..err..I mean...umm...Hi ," I managed with an awkward smile.

"What do you want ?" she said tilting her head a bit.

"Ummm...would you run if I said 'you'? " I said rubbing the back of my head. Mike had taught me that trick, he said it always worked with girls.

She slammed the door in my face .

"Hey !....C'mon , I haven't seen you in 2 weeks , I was worried , " I said at the door.

nothing.

"Please ?"

This time she opened and I don't know if I imagined this but she had a faint smile on her lips.

"Come in ," she said opening the door wider. I smiled and walked in.

"Your parents aren't at home?"

"My mum and uncle ," she said sitting cross legged on the sofa , I sat next to her but still facing her.

"Where's your dad ?" I asked and her face tensed . She looked down and then said ," He died in a car accident about 3 months ago."

"Oh..I'm ..uumm..I'm so sorry."

"It's alright . So why exactly are you here?"

"Oh..I wanted to see if you were alright -"

"No...here in Saudi. Your not Saudi Arabian are you?" she asked.I couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" she asked me.

"It's Saudi , not Saudi Arabian and no I'm from Canada but my dad works here so we moved when I was 2."

"Oh.....you and your parents?"

"Yup....all three of us , big happy family though a few years later mum and dad divorced and mum got married to some Saudi man," I told her.

"That explains Rian , " she said.

"Yeah , that explains the asshole , " I said and she laughed much to my surprise.

It was the first time I heard her laugh and it was rather a very lovely sound.

"Are you planning on going back to school?"

"Yeah...I was just a bit tired today."

"Alright , I was just thinking of you so I dropped by."

She seemed to get lost again , I wonder where she went all the time , suddenly spacing out between conversations.

"Remember you were saying something about taking me someplace interesting ?" she said suddenly her eyes lighting up.

"Umm..yeah , after that you ran away,"I said to her , I was wondering where she was going with this.

"Well..." she said smiling at me.

*