PART 7: Kidnapped

I feel so proud.

I successfully acted as a familiar for Mokka.

Now its just a matter of waiting until she is free fro the day, and then i'm back home!

Looks like that is not anytime, however, together with her circle of friends and their familiars, she is heading somewhere.

I would ask where, but I really can't, and that still annoys me, can't she just trust me to be quiet? 

The gang ends up in this huge room, filled with tables and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, its like that one scene from Harry Potter.

I glance around with interest, is this some sort of dining hall?

Lots of people here, too, and I think I smell food in here, and my nose is still normal!

They sit down at a table, all of them with their familiars.

"I am gonna place my raccoon familiar in the crib in the back of the cafetaria, its going to get messy if I keep him over the lunch table." Magnus says.

Oh, so its lunchtime! That is this room. So what are the mini kitchens in their rooms for, homework? Perhaps cooking is a subject of its own?

Just when I think I understand more, my brain gets flooded with questions.

Magnus is back and sits down, wow, that was fast.

"Wow, Mokka, your familiar is very impressive for getting such a good grade!" Sunny says exited.

"And I thought I was lucky with the B+ on my chameleon!" Laefy ads.

"Ah, thanks guys! I'm also proud of my little furball for getting me this grade!" 

I feel like i'm blushing again. I'm doing all of this for Mokka, and she is grateful in a weird way.

Right now i'm wondering if my performance as her familiar contributed anything to the academic standards of this strange mystical world.

It seems getting good grades means the same like in the world I call home.

Laefy pets me over head, pushing down my ears.

"Rrrrrrrrr!" She is mimicking purring in front of me.

Wow, am I really this cute as a cat?

Honestly, as a cat, I feel small and adored, a feeling I have not have had in ages.

Is that the upside of being a cat? I don't know if I will ever know.

It seems I was really sinking in my thoughts, Mokka and the others are standing up.

Is there another class? Or can Mokka finally turn me back? I would prefer to be back to normal!

The 4 of them are walking through the hall, now more crowded than this morning.

Magnus is getting something from a locker. Its...

A bag of snacks for cats.

Oh dear... The milk Sunny gave me was ok, but I can't eat something if its completely meant for cats!

"Hey, every cat has to eat, right? Here, go and get it!" Magnus says.

He tosses one of the fish shaped cat treats on the ground.

Mokka sets me down, I can see that she is just trying to play the part, this is a stupid thing to blow my cover for.

I decide to play along too, approaching the snack, sniffing it as if i'm inspecting it.

Then, I nudge it with my paw, pretending interest, but not actually consuming it.

I need to maintain this facade for Mokka's sake,  but eating something meant for cats is something i'm not inclined to do. But at the same time, I can't risk revealing my true nature.

"Oh, its not eating it..." Magnus says.

"Maybe it has an issue with its stomach?" Laefy ads.

"Oh no! That might mean your cat familiar is sick, Mokka!" Sunny sounds worried as she says that.

Sunny picks me up.

"Come on, lets get it to the familiar doctor! Its not far from here!" 

Sunny picks me up and rushes through the hall.

This is not good! Sunny is doing this with a well intention, but she does not now that i'm actually a human.

Mokka is chasing her, followed by the rest.

"Sunny, wait! I have something to confess!"

As Mokka says that, i'm actually scared, what would the reaction of them be if they found out my true identity?

I need to make them think I am not a sick cat while also not revealing who I am, although I do not think she will be with me on that, its all coming out now.

I meow intensely to try and get Sunny to stop, but she is desperate, and passes it on as normal behavior for a cat who is abruptly picked up.

Now its a race against Sunny reaching the doctors room. My cat sized heart is pounding in me like crazy. Maybe its the situation that is about to commence, maybe its the speed at which Sunny is running, i'm stressing.

But then, Sunny trips over something, maybe another student as she is not paying enough attention while running.

I fly through the air doing somersaults, I land on the ground, but then, I am snatched by somebody and that person is running from the scene.

Hold on... Black dress, purple rose on the hat, red eyes?

That is Lucy!

"Ha! Got you! I know just the spell to reverse the ownership, and then the good grade is mine!"

Oh no!