36 | A Gʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ Pᴀsᴛ

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON HERE"

Rudransh screamed on his phone. His guards and the security were running around. Everything was chaos, the bomb blast, the injured men and the sirens of the vehicles.

He walked outside screaming his lungs out at his security team who were on the job to secure his protection. His shoulder and his back where aching badly. 

His guards surrounded him, walking him out while checking the sides for any signs of any upcoming attack. The after effect of the blast, the tense nerves and the rigid environment hanging in the air.

He walked fastly, with his hands busy dialing he call to his Pari. His chest felt uneasy, he ruffled his hair internally praying for her to be far away from the place, from the sight of blast.

For her to be safe.

"SIR!!!" A guard ran towards him breathing heaving. He was covered with dust and was sweating heavily.

"Sir, Mam, Parinidhi mam -

" WHERE IS SHE?" He felt his insides freezing with the worse possibilities. He held the collar of the guard in a tight fist and screamed on his face.

"Sir" The guard pointed at the spot where the ambulance has arrived to treat few of his guards who were on the spot. And his eyes landed on the figure they were taking towards the ambulance.

"Pari" His heart froze.

Pari. His Pari was laying on the stretcher covered in dust. His legs started to move, the phone in his hand slipped because of his shaky hands. He started to run. Run at her direction and all he could register was her laying with a bloody head, eyes shut completely unconscious.

Pari.

He lifted her into his arms, choking on his words, running like a mad man towards his car. His couldn't comprehend what he was screaming or what he was doing. His hands where shaking but the hold on her didn't loosened a bit. His vision blurred and his lungs started to burn with all the screamings he was doing.

The car started and her head was on his lap. He patted her cheek choking on his words. His throat felt too heavy to utter any word.

Pari.

Her blood stained his clothes, while she still remained unmoved.

She is not responding.

Pari is not responding. Pari is fine. She is fine. She has to be fine. Everything is fine.

He kept chanting in his mind until the Hospital arrived and he didn't waste a second to lift her in his arms and run inside. The guards followed him behind, and a stretched was bought towards him.

He laid her on it, kept patting her cheek in a hope that she would look at him and laugh at his horrible face being completely satisfied with his reaction.