7. Déjà vu

"SHUBI!!"
Shubman knew very well from where the voice came from. He knew the voice like the back of his hand. A voice which was music to his ears. A voice that was well capable of ruin his existence. A voice he would want to devour till his last dying breath if he got the chance.

Ishan ran towards Shubman and tackled Shubman on the ground. Shubman groaned at the impact but anyways smiled as he saw Ishan's face covered with fear and worry. Slowly they got up and soon Ishan hugged the life out of Shubman. And boy was it the best feeling for Shubman.

When they pulled apart, Shubman had wished for a smile but all he got was a teary eyed Ishan. Before Shubman could console him Shubman received a tight slap in his face.

"Asshole" Ishan said angrily before Shubman could even recover. Shubman was just about to react to this distasteful behaviour when Ishan again pulled the stunned Shubman in a hug.

Shubman chuckled at his bestie's reaction..more likely bi polar behaviour but just embraced the comfort and warmth of his guardian angel.

As they pulled back Shubman was worried he would receive one more slap but all he got was rough and warm knuckles rubbing his cheek. The same cheek where a beautiful mark was adorned. A creation by his Ishu.

"Tu pagal hai pata hai na tujhe. I searched for you in the entire farmhouse. Knocked each door of every team member. Tere wajah sab kitna sunai mujhe pata hai? Subah 6baje konsa Chaman Insaan beach pe jata hai! And when I came to know that you ran towards the beach by the hotel staff I ran like a maniac. I thoug- I thought- I - I - I had lost you Shubman. And if it was because of me... I would have never forgiven myself. I would kill myself just to bring you back to life Shubm-" Ishan was cut my Shubman's hand in his mouth.

"Ssh-sush... It was all a misunderstanding. Sorry to doubt you darling." Shubman said and smiled lightly. Ishan was now much more relaxed. To lightened the mood Ishan licked Shubman's hand.

"Eewwww.. What the fuck!" Shubman yelled as he wiped his hand on the shorts.

Ishan just shrugged nonchalantly and said "You asked for it".

"I'll rather eat poison then feel your saliva you ass" Shubman sneered, still trying to wipe his hands, now onto his shirt.

"I didn't hear you complaining yesterday when we were sharing our saliva" Ishan whispered almost inaudibly

"Did you say something?" Shubman asked. Ishan's defensively said "no" and started pulling Shubman in their room towards the farmhouse.

On the way Shubman wondered that if Ishan was whole night baby sitting him then who gave Ishan the hickey.

And Ishan knew that Shubman had forgotten all the moments that the two had shared in their drunken haze. Ishan's was fully sobered as soon as Shubman had started dancing with him. Those electrifying touches, glides and moves were enough to bring Ishan's conscience back.

Though Ishan was somewhat thankful that Shubman had no memory of their night.. somewhere he even felt dejected.

*************************************

Soon the team had gathered in the gaming area playing board games. And as always, Shubman and Ishan were quarrelling about the scores of their billiard game.

"You always cheat and win Shubi" Ishan yelled
"You're a sore loser Ishu! Just admit it"
Shubman smirked.

Other team members were very used to their silly banter. Virat and Rohit were happy to see Shubman smiling and enjoying life again.

"Abey Kamino, ye game khelti hi kyu ho if you guys want to fight" Hardik said as he passed by their table and smacked their head lightly.

"Jhagda?  Aur hum? Ye toh humara pyaar ha" Shubman said and brought his fist forward just for Ishan to reciprocate it with a bump.