20. Cheeku and Kaka

The Ind vs Pak match, the most awaited match for the cricket public. One can let go even eating 3 meals of the day, but not this match.

Same way, Indian cricket team were anxious for this match, but they were damn sure, they were gonna win this.

And this time, when India won the toss, The skipper decided to bowl. Because this World Cup, India was not only strong in terms of batting line up, but our bowling line up was crazy strong as well.

Shubman was well dedicated and motivated to play his 1st World Cup match. Not to mention, the way he got goosebumps when the Indian national anthem was being played as he never heard the crowd singing so loudly.

Though, on field, their rivalry was top notch, off field, the India and Pakistan teams had actually great friendship. Shubman was an actual fan of Rizwan and Ishan admired Babar Azam himself.

So when it was their time to bowl, All the bowlers and fielders did a fantastic job. Especially, Bumrah. At 191 for 43 overs, their team was all out.

The highlight of that event was no doubt Hardik's totka (black magic) on the bowl which made the Indian fans as well as the team go mad crazy with laughter. Ishan who was sitting on the stands, almost had his eyes bulge out of the socket when he saw that it actually worked.

So the Indian team were actually quite confident about their batting, except for one. Shubman Gill.

In the dressing room, while he waited for Rohit to come, Shubman's anxiety level had peaked. Noticing the continuous shaking of his left leg, Ishan walked towards him and placed his hand over the leg, to stop those movements. Shubman was brought to reality at the sudden touch, but nonetheless smiled at the comforting hand of his boyfriend.

"Meri jaan, tension mat le. You gonna rock it as usual. I know it" Ishan smiled and patted his hand. Shubman nodded and gave him a genuine smile.

Yesterday, when Ishan had wrapped his one arm around Shubman, he slept peacefully after many days. Dengue, Hospital, Medications, and everything had definitely affected Shubman's sleep routine. Shubman also got comfortable in the embrace and put an arm around the smaller lad's waist as well. Shubman had missed this just as much as Ishan.

Though, Shubman was tough guy on the exterior only 2 things made Shubman melt. One was Ishan's smile and other Ishan babying Shubman.

Contrary to everyone's belief, Ishan was the stronger one between them. Ishan wasn't a great gym enthusiast or a diet follower person but boy when he did those heavy weight lifting and squats with weights, even Shubman could not help but drool at the sight of his strong tanned thighs and those flexed biceps.

Though Ishan always acted like a happy pill, he had seen how serious was Ishan during games and practices when it was his chance. And Shubman really wished to learn that balance from him one day.

***********************************

Rohit was blazing his back to back boundaries, almost wanting to finish this match soon.

Shubman on the other hand, had a great start, but when he went for a six, Shadab Khan caught it. Shubman was upset about it. Adding more fuel to his sadness, a person from the crowd passed a comment about how Shubman should have taken more time for recovery then playing such a bad game.

Ishan, who had just done his job of water boy and a "messenger" to Kohli and Rohit realised that Shubman had still not come to the stands, to support.

Ishan entered the dressing room, when he saw Shubman just exiting from one of the shower stalls, with his tracks on and Indian jersey shirt, a towel around his neck.