Chapter 7: Problems with CEO Mr kim

Baekhyun's POV
We arrived at SM building. I saw my buddy Chanyeol waiting for us. However, he looked kinda down and we were confused and curious.

"Hmmm.... why does Chanyeol now look happy?" Taeyeon questioned. we got out of the car and I carried Soojung and walked towards chanyeol.

"Chanyeol, what's wrong?" I asked him and he didn't speak but pointed towards the transparent doors which we could see the inside.

I saw the CEO Mr kim. oh god. He entered the company after lee soo man and the other ceo retired. the previous one was still okay during his last few years working, after he was given lesser stress. However, this mr Kim is the real monster here. I don't know how the rookies and trainees are going to survive around him.

"Take it or leave it! It's either you stay in red velvet or do your stupid cafe! No matter what, I won't let you do both, your an idol not a baker for goodness sake!" We could hear mr Kim shouting at Irene from the outside.

Well, it's been a while since Irene wanted her own cafe. she finally had the courage to seek permission but things didn't go well...

"B..but like I said, you don't have to invest money in the cafe!! I will use my own salary, and it has nothing to do with my fame. I will still be an idol, I will only visit the cafe during my spare time. all I'm gonna do is share my recipes with the world!! The rest I can employ workers!!!" Irene pleaded once more.

Taeyeon and I had also agreed to help her out with her cafe, since both of us love cooking too. Irene has great recipes, and we know how badly she wants to share the dishes with everyone else.

All four of us entered the building cautiously. Chanyeol carried Soojung from my arms and covered her eyes. we walked to the recording room nearby.

Taeyeon POV
Red velvet is currently the most famous group in South Korea. everyone is also extremely supportive of Irene opening her own cafe since they have quite a lot of free time these days other than preparing for the comebacks. People are also recommending that the ex sm idols help out at the cafe. it's gonna be daebak! We are even gonna give free signatures to the fans that visit our cafe.

But mr Kim is ruining everything... he isn't happy because he thinks that we have to repay him for the fame he brought to us by giving him 70% of our earnings. it's too much, 20% is still okay but not so much. and also, it was the previous CEOs that brought us the fame.

Now, it's time to search for jessica. We walked to the practise room where all the trainees are having lunch. On the far left corner, Soojung spotted her sister. She jumped off Chanyeol's arms and ran across the room to her sister. Jessica looked up from her food when she saw people pointing to a girl running towards her. With just a short glance, she realized it was her younger sister. They both were finally reunited, hugging each other as tightly as they could. it was the most touching scene ever. Both Baekhyun and I were about to cry, it was really touching to see Soojung happy.

"Eonni!! I miss you!! Ahhh we finally met!!" Soojung shouted as they hugged.

"Omo, I miss you so much! So... how did you managed to find me?" Jessica asked out of curiosity.

Soojung turned around and pointed to Baekhyun and me, "it's them, they adopted me yesterday and promised to let me find you." she said gratefully.

"Jinja? Hello!!" Jessica said and waved to Baekhyun and I.

"It's great seeing you, hope you become a famous singer like me next time!!" Baekhyun answered in a dorky way which made us laugh.

Soojung's POV

I'm so happy I can finally see my sister. and it only took me a second to recognise her. that was one of the best moments of my life. I couldn't believe it. although it was only about a month since I last saw my sister, I missed her so much. last time when we were still at the orphanage together, we played together literally the whole day and only she could understand me. the other kids used to bully me and Jessica would always protect me. she is always there for me, and I promise I will be there for her too if she has problems during her career.

Baekhyun's POV
We chatted with both Jessica and Krystal for a while and learnt a lot about them. they are really friendly and Taeyeon is considering to adopt Jessica too. Well, that's if mr Kim agrees... everything related to sm trainees/rookies/idols, we have to seek his permission.

I decided to talk to the other trainees and give them tips. most of them are still really young some even just 7 years old.

But what caught my attention was a young girl who looked about 9 getting beat up by a bunch of girls dressed a little too impropriate for their young age of 12.

"Yah, who said you can tell the instructor? You get this for betraying us! You're not suppose to let anyone know!" One of the girls said while kicking the young girl in the chest.

"Stop! What's going on over there?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me. it was Chanyeol, he walked towards the girls together with Taeyeon and I. we left Krystal with Jessica for a while.

"This girl over here" a girl wearing a really short shorts said, "she told on us to our instructor and we clearly warned her to keep her mouth shut."

Taeyeon and I helped the poor girl up and brought her to another room while Chanyeol brought the bunch of girls to their teacher in charge.

"What did those girls do? It's okay, you can let us know, we are close friends with your instructor." Taeyeon said warmly to the girl who was in tears from being terrified.

"Th...they... vandalised the practise room and I thought it was wrong of them so I told the instructor... but I guess I shouldn't have.. I made the wrong decision." the girl said quietly still afraid that the bunch of girls will hear her.

"No, you made the right decision! They are in the wrong, and we are gonna help you report about the bullying okay?" I tried to help her.

"O..okay" she said and finally smiled. this moment is reminding me of the time we first met krystal, who was all shy and sad.

"We're going to leave you with Jessica eonni, she has a younger sister around your age so I'm sure you can be great friends with her" Taeyeon said after informing Jessica. Jessica came in and brought the young girl to the washroom.

After everything was settled, Chanyeol, taeyeon, soojung and I went off to have lunch together.

"Can Dara eonni and her baby come?" Soojung pleaded after have a long conversation with chanyeol. she was desperate to see his wife and son.

"Hmmm.... maybe we can go over to my place?" Chanyeol suggested and Taeyeon drove to his house.

"Baekhyun ah, learn some childcare tips from chanyeol, he seems to know a lot better than you do." Taeyeon said strictly to me and I rolled my eyes. does she really think I don't know anything? Didn't she see me with Soojung? Okay, maybe we were a little awkward but it was fine right? She can't expect me to be a childcare expert. I've always been awkward with young kids.