Chapter 16

SOMEONE'S POV

The two went downstairs to eat dinner. They entered the hotel restaurant, all the people there were looking at them. You can see the admiration in the eyes of the people there. The restaurant staff immediately greeted them and take them to their reservation table.

"Good evening Ma'am" The waiter greeted them and handed over the menu at the same time. The two looked at the menu for a moment, and then the waiter took their order and left.

The two were silent as they waited for their order. Michelle looked at her cellphone when it rang. Someone sent her a message. While Antonia was just quietly looking around. She avoided looking at her.

"Antonia can I ask a question?" Michelle asked. Antonia turned to Michelle when she heard her speak

"Of course. What is it?" She replied

"Why were you staring at me earlier?" She asked teasingly

Antonia was surprised by Michelle question. She didn't answer right away. She felt the fierceness of her face

"Ha? I-I was just thinking about something earlier, and I didn't even stare at you. I-I just happened to look at you.? She said

"Why?" Who are you thinking of? is it me?" She said teasingly. Antonia did not know how to answer this. The strength of his chest beat.

"E-Excuse me, It's not you I'm thinking about," Antonia answered while raising an eyebrow at her. Michelle just insisted on her reaction.

"I also have a question for you?" Ann asked Michelle in response

"What is it?" Michelle asked while still smiling.

"Why does something seem to have changed in you?" Antonia asked Michelle

"What do you mean?" Michelle asked with a furrowed brow

"Are you joking now? You weren't like that before." Antonia said, amused by her reaction.

"You're so exaggerated. Why am I what I used to be?" Michelle asked Antonia again.

Antonia wondered if she would answer her question. But she decided not to answer her because it might ruin her good mood.

"Forget it." She replied.

"Antonia, I know that I didn't treat you well in the past. I"m sorry for everything I have done." Michelle apologizes seriously for her

"Also, I want to thank you for all the good things you have done for me." Thank you for being a good friend to me." Michelle said again

It was as if Antonia's heart was caressed when Michelle apologized to her.

"You don't need to apologize. I understand where and why you're acting like that. You don't need to thank me either, I just did what I needed to be done as your friend." Antonia smiled brightly.

"I still want to thank you. We can start again. I promise I will make up for all my sins against you." She said with a big smile.

The conversation between the two was interrupted when their dinner arrived. While eating, the two continued to talk.

"Antonia, can I ask you a personal question?" Michelle asked. Antonia nodded.

"We've been together for a long time, but I don't know much about you." She said again

"Okay then, what do you want to know from me?" Antonia asked Michelle while smiling.

"Have you fallen in love?" Michelle asked seriously.

Antonia was surprised by Michelle's question. She didn't answer right away as if there was something in her throat. She drank some water to clear her throat before answering Michelle's question.

"Y-Yes." She replied

"Really? Do you have a boyfriend? Why don't I seem to notice anyone picking you up or visiting you at the office?" Michelle asked in surprise

Antonia held her breath at this question. Why did she ask her about her love life out of the many things she could have asked her? What will she say that she has fallen in love twice, first with her best friend and now with her boss.

"I've been in love before, but it was a long time ago. I fallin inlove with my best friend." Antonia answered

"What happened? Where is he now?" Michelle asked as she watched her intently.

Antonia did not answer. She hesitated to tell her story to Michelle. She seemed to remember what had happened before.

Sadness appeared on her face everytime she remembered the past. Antonia didn't notice that the other woman saw the sadness in her face. Michelle felt pity for this. She seemed to want to hug and comfort her.

"Don't answer. Forget it." Michelle said in a low voice.

"Sorry." Antonia said

"Don't apologize. I should be the one to apologize for being insensitive to your feelings. I'm sorry." She said sincerely.

She just smiled and nodded and continued eating. Michelle also focused her attention on her food. Antonia secretly glanced at her.

She eats quietly, and sometimes she stops chewing and seems to be thinking about something. Suddenly, her cellphone that was on the table rang.

Antonia saw Michelle's father's name on the cellphone screen. She looked at it. Michelle turned off the end button to stop ringing.

A few minutes later. They finished eating. There was a deafening silence between the two. No one wants to break the silence.

Antonia held her breath, and Michelle looked at her until their eyes met. Michelle smiled so sweetly at her. Antonia's heart fluttered at that smile, and she felt her heart beat faster.
_________________________

A/N

Baka next week na ako makakapag update. Susulitun ko muna ang bakasyon ko sa Hong Kong.