Chapter 22

ANTONIA'S POV

I woke up when I felt someone move next to me. I opened my eyes and saw someone lying next to me while it was hugging me, and I was the same with it. I raised my head to see who it was. My eyes widened in a surprise when I saw Michelle's peaceful face, asleep.

What happened? I asked myself. Why are we next to each other and hugging each other? My mind was full of questions and wonders.

After recovering from the shock, I looked back at Michelle, who was sleeping. I can feel her peaceful breathing. Her fragrant breath that smells like wine hits my nose. Her warm body clinging to my body. God, it feels so good to be held in her arms.

I didn't move for a few minutes because I was worried that she would wake up, but later I slowly removed her hand that was hugging me and I moved to get out of bed. I hit my head when I felt a lot of pain in my senses. "Ouch!" I said as I held my head.

I felt thirsty, so I got up to get some water from the fridge, but I was dizzy so I lost my balance and sat on the bed "Shit" I uttered while biting my lower lip.  I felt like the bed moved, and someone grabbed my hand.  I turned around and saw Michelle smiling at me.

"Hey, don't move." Michelle said while getting up from lying down.  She sat next to me.

"I'm thirsty." I said

"Okay. I'll get the water right there." She said. I just watched her while going to the fridge. When she returned, she was carrying a bottle of mineral water and a glass.

"Drink. This helps to reduce your headache." She said and reached me a glass with water.

I was so thirsty that I missed a glass of water, so I asked for another one.

After drinking water, she took the glass I was holding. She stood up, took the pillow, and propped it against the headboard of the bed.

"Come here. Don't move yet. You need to rest to get rid of your dizziness and headache."  She said as she guided me to lean on the pillow.

I followed her and leaned my back on the pillow.  Michelle bent down and raised my legs on the bed so that I would be comfortable leaning on the bed.

"Thank you." I said to her with a smile.  She just nodded and smiled back at me.

"How are you feeling?"  Michelle asked me while walking and turned on the light in the room.  I just noticed that it was quite dark.  I looked at the clock, and it was 6:15 at night.

"I still have a headache. I'm a little dizzy."  I answered while wincing.

"You drank too much alcohol so you were very drunk earlier."  She said while smiling and shaking her head.

"You're the one to initiate it. I'm not used to drinking alcohol yet."  I answered her while pretending to frown.

"Oh, why me?"  It's you who always doesn't do the dare." She said laughing

"Yes, by the way. What happened? I don't remember anything. Why were we in bed next to each other earlier?"  I asked her with confusion

"Don't you really remember anything?" She asked as she came to the side of the bed where I was lying and sat there. She tilted her seat and faced me. She looked me deeply in my eyes. I saw in her eyes something that seemed to be on fire. That I can't figure out what it is.

I couldn't stand the way she was staring at me, so I turned my eyes in another direction.

"It's better not to find out."  Michelle said

She was about to stand up, but I grabbed her hand to stop her.  She looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Michelle. Tell me, did I do something?" I asked nervously.

"Nothing happened. Except you threw up."  She said while smiling

"Why are we lying next to each other on the bed, and then we're even hugging?" I couldn't stop asking her out of confusion

She didn't answer immediately she just kept looking at me.  After a while, she smiled softly.

"Because you said not to leave you. You even hugged me because you didn't want to let me go. That's why I just slept next to you." She answered with teasing tone in her voice

"What? I did that?"  I asked with wide eyes.  She just nodded while looking at me.

My face felt hot from embarrassment.  I can't believe I did that.  Fuck! alcohol doesn't really do any good, I exclaimed in my mind.

I paused for a while. Why do I feel like something else happened?  I tried to think that I might remember something, but my head was hurting more and more, so I asked her again

"Is that all? Didn't I do or say anything else?"  I ask her

She didn't speak and seemed to be thinking.  Then she looked at me with her beautiful eyes full of teasing

"Why? Is there something you want to tell me?"  Michelle asked me back

"N-Nothing."  I replied in a defensive tone

"Hmm, it seems like you're keeping something from me, Antonia."  She said while looking at me with doubt in her eyes.

"You're just imagining things. I don't have anything to keep from you."  I replied with an annoyance

She laughed out loud.  "Okay. Fine. One day, I will find out what you are hiding from me, Antonia, and I'm sure of that."  She said with a grin

I want to talk but I don't know what to say.  So before we got to where our conversation was, I chose to remain silent.

"Aren't you hungry yet?"  I heard Michelle ask

"I don't know. I feel like I'm going to throw up after I eat." I reply

"But you have to eat at least a little."  She said in a soft voice.

I just nodded as I agreed with what she said.

She stood up and approached the side table where the phone was.  I just watch her every move she makes.

She picked up the phone and dialled.  After a while, she was talking to someone on the other line.

I watched her intently.  Her face is so perfect.  Sometimes, I can't help but be thrilled when she shows concern for her.  It feels good to be paid attention by her. Before, I used to be jealous of Rhian because of the attention and love she gave for her. 

Rhian is  lucky with Michelle, who is loving, beautiful, kind, and has a good life.  A person like Michelle is good to love and good to be loved.  So I can't help but think why she was able to leave her and exchange it for money.  Because for her, Michelle is worth nothing, but for me, she's priceless.