Chapter 6 - Learning to Fly

October 1 - October 2, 2023

The rights of this song go to Christina Aguilera, and the Paw Patrol Mighty Movie. I heard this song and thought it was perfect for Talulah and Feather. Also, I'd like to let everyone know this chapter will be longer than my usual ones. For further detail, imagine the song is playing during the flashback down at the bottom of the chapter.

There were three trails Talulah and Feather could've taken, so the students split up into groups of two. Ava and Layla took the trail that led to the Whispering Willows, Valentina and Isabel took the trail back to the academy, and Sophia and Rory went on the trail that led to Starglow Lake. Although all the students felt bad about scaring Talulah, Rory felt the absolute worst. He didn't mean for Talulah to get so upset, he just thought she'd react the same way she did to the berry fight. Rory's internal feud with himself left his mind as he and Sophia made it to the edge of the lake, where he hoped Talulah would be and he could apologize for scaring her.

Rory - "Talulah! Where are you?!"

Sophia - "Talulah!"

Rory - "Talulah, I'm sorry! Where are you?!"

Sophia - "You don't think she left campus, do you?"

Rory - "Ugh! This is all my fault, Sophia! We've gotta find her!"

Sophia - "This is not your fault, Rory, and it isn't Talulah's fault either! Whatever scared her wasn't something you intended to happen, and she just wasn't expecting us to jump out of hiding."

Rory - "Yeah, but I'm the one who decided to play Hide and Seek, and now look what happened!"

Sophia - "Rory, I know you feel bad, but you weren't trying to scare or hurt Talulah, you only wanted her to be more comfortable with us. All of us want that! We just went about it the wrong way, and we need to find her so we can see things from her perspective...perspective..."

Sophia, Rory - "That's it!"

Rory - "What if we look for her from the top of Starglow Lake? You can see everything from up there!"

Sophia - "Come on!"

While Rory and Sophia were making their way up the stony ridge shaped as a unicorn, Talulah and Feather made their way down the trail. The trail ends at the front of the forest, but Talulah hides when she hears the rest of the students running towards Starglow Lake. The riders met up with Sophia and Rory at the top of Starglow Lake, with all of them looking over the edge. Feather made a turn away from the edge of the forest, and Talulah decided they'd take another trail.

Sophia - "Hey, guys! See anything?"

Isabel - "Nothing, Dude."

Layla - "I don't see them!"

Ava - "Me neither!"

Valentina - "Why are we up here? Talulah could be in danger!"

Rory - "You can see everything from up here. Besides, Talulah told me this was the place she wanted to see the most. She has to have come by here!"

Talulah hid behind the trees as the gang stood at the top, obviously looking for her and Feather, and she wasn't ready to face her friends yet. She knew they wouldn't make fun of her, but she didn't want to have to explain why the game Hide and Seek scares her so much. Talulah led Feather away from the trees, and took what she hopes to be a more hidden trail to the stables, and makes a beeline once she believes they're in the clear. However, Wildstar had picked up on the sound and alerted the others, causing Sophia and Rory to notice Talulah's escape.