008: Eventually

("Wish I could turn you back into a stranger" -Tame Impala)

Charitys dad cuaght himself at the White Wyrm drinking with his old pal Tall Boy then called Charity to pick him up. She arrived at the bar as she saw Serpents give her dirty looks and some not giving her the time of day. "Hey Hog-eye. Wheres my dad?" she asked him then pointed at him who was standing beside Tall boy and Mustang.

She walked up to Nathan and put his arm around her shoulder and put his jacket on her so she didnt have to hold onto it. As they walked away, the father and daughter heard a yell "Hey! That's enough, Mustang. Let 'em go. I'll take care of this." FP said as they turned around and saw Archie, Kevin and Moose standing infront of her.

"Charity?" Archie said then rolling his eyes not letting her speak as he walked away.

-

At Pollys baby shower Archie grabbed Charitys arm and took her outside "What Archie?" she said as he raised his eyebrows.

"What do you mean? 'What?' I saw you at the White Wyrm wearing a Southside Serpent jacket" he said as she sighed.

"Archie it was my dads. Not mine" she said as he rolled her eyes.

"Then why didnt you tell me your dad was a Serpent?" Archie asked her as she shook her head.

"You dont understand Archie. Its better to be known as a Northsider in Riverdale than a Southsider. No matter what I do I'll always be Serpent blood to people, thats why I never told anyone. People are cruel and my parents worked so hard so that people in Riverdale would see them as... real people not some gang members. So yeah I was born on the Southside and I never told anyone, but everything I do has a reason Archie" Charity said as she cried and Archie scoffed.

"It doesnt matter about popularity anymore." Archie complained as she cut him off "This was never about popularity" she said while Archie kept going on. "Becuase Moose and I already told the whole school. Including Reggie" Archie said as she cried a little harder and Archie left her there in tears as she watched him walk away.

-

Charity was getting back home and saw Reggie standing at her porch and she walked up to him.

"Hey" she said with a smile going to hug him but he stepped back.

"Whats wrong? Is it your dad again?" she asked as he shook his head.

"No." he answered as she frowned her eyebrows "What is it?" she asked as he sighed looking at his car then back at her.

"Charity I dont want anything to do with you. I dont want to be with Serpent trash and thats you and your family" Reggie said then she slapped him in the face as she heard him talk about her family.

"Dont you fucking dare talk about my family. And so what Im Serpent blood, I thought you loved me no matter what" she said as he shook his head.

"That was before I knew you were Serpent blood." he said then saw Charity tear up and he sighed "Charity I cant do this" he said to her as he walked and she cried for the second time today.

Charity didnt realise how much Reggie ment to her until he left her and didnt care. She went inside wiping away her tears and put on a forced smile as she walked past her parents.

She got up to her room then the first thing she did was check her phone and all the things thats her comment section on Instagram said. At first she only saw good ones but then in a second notifications blasted through her phone as she read the text messages and comments they said like "Serpent trash" "Southside scum" "Thug" and way more worse stuff.

She looked at all the messages she recieved and saw one nice one from Veronica that asked if she was okay. Charity sat down on her bed hugging her legs then dug her head on her hands and sobbed hard.