×3×

======
AIDAN:
======

It was the Christmas holiday. I immediately recalled as soon as I stepped into the house and met the large beautiful christmas tree at the end of the living room and the Christmas decorations all around.

But to hell with Christmas.

I couldn't bring myself to be happy. Otamayomi wasn't and that made it harder for me to be.

It wasn't like I ever was anyways, having no one to spend it with. It had always just been me and a large empty house.

I sighed, stalking towards the stairs, wondering who the hell had decorated the living room that way.

"Back from your therapy session already?"

I stopped on the landing of the stair case, turning around slowly, immediately meeting Aunt Fatima's ecstatic gaze as she stood near the beginning of the stairs, wearing her usual white hijab.

Somehow, seeing her happy satisfied me, it sent a small cheer to me that had the corner of my lips tugging up as I slowly came down the stairs to meet her. "You're in a good mood today."

She laughed. "Of course, it's Christmas."

I frowned, immediately recalling the real cause of her happiness. "Oh yeah, you get to leave for the holiday. Why haven't you left yet?"

"I wasn't comfortable leaving you, I didn't want you to be alone at Christmas. . .again."

I let out a brief chuckle, her words being a painful reminder of what befell on me every year, but I moved behind her and hugged her. "What changed your mind?"

She giggled, but I noticed it grow nervous and I watched her suddenly pick at her finger nails. "Your father's coming."

I could feel my smile drop and I turned her around.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. "Why?".

She shrugged.

My eyes widened in bewilderment, running my fingers through my hair. "I really don't have to spend Christmas alone this year?"

Aunt Fatima smiled warmly at me. "Yes. He's on his way to Nigeria already."

I had my hands placed in my pockets, a small smile creeping up my lips and staring at nothing in particular. "I feel happy."

She chuckled. "You should. I guess I have to start packing now."

I pouted, moving closer to hug her. "I'll miss you."

She smiled. "Be a good boy when I'm gone."

I took a hand out of my pocket and made an 'okay' sign at her with my fingers.

She giggled and walked away.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I woke up with a start when I realized someone else was in my room. It didn't seem like any of the house workers because it sounded as though my items were being searched through, that was something they never did without my consent. My brows creased and I grew weary.

But when I looked around and spotted Ayomide taking pictures with a couple of my wristwatches, I knew my morning would be even crazier.

My brows creased and I threw a pillow at him, immediately getting his attention as it hit him and pushed him to the floor.

"What are you doing in my room, Ayo?"

He laughed, standing up and wiped imaginary dirt off his shoulders. "Having a good time."

I couldn't help but stare at him like he was insane. "In my room?"

He chuckled, sitting down on my bed, patting me on the shoulder. "If I don't do this, who will?"