×5×

Dedicated to Hanthoniaaa
Eniola1207oladejo

=======
TAMMY:
=======

It was the day before Christmas, but that was just a statement. To me, it was nothing but a statement. I couldn't care less about it or the actual day itself. Putting up a stupid celebration wouldn't bring my brother back. It was nothing good for.

My happiness of the previous day was only short lived. I stepped foot into my house and met Mrs. Johnson, Mandel's mother speaking with my wistful mother, and the gloom that filled the room, the entire house, drained all of the happiness in me. I was reminded of the doom that had befallen I and my family.

That was all it took to make me mournful again.

Beginning from yesterday evening, most of my relatives had been calling my parents, sympathizing with them on the loss of their Son. They all wanted to speak to me too, and sympathize with me. All they kept doing was render us with apologies, weeping with us and praying upon Ifeoluwa's soul.

It drove me insane!

They only meant well, I knew that, but all they kept really doing was reopening my wound, throwing salt at it.

It got to a point, I just couldn't speak to them anymore. Their words seemed to render comfort to my parents, but all it did to me was murder.

Every time Ifeoluwa's name was mentioned, every second spent listening to them constantly remind me of someone I lost, of someone I so deeply cherished, of someone who use to be my second half, my confidant, my best friend, every minute I bore, pretending I was okay hearing them tell me 'May his soul rest in peace' over, over and over again felt like bullets, daggers and prickles of thorns at my deeply wounded heart.

I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream and pull at my hair, I wanted to destroy anything and everything my body could touch, I wanted to break the bones of every person that dared to say those words to me, to my family.

I couldn't think straight, I had temporarily lost my sanity, and I did what any desperate, insane person would do.

I left the house.

Unannounced.

Without my phone.

With only my aching heart and the clothes on me to keep me company.

Before I knew it, I was storming across the street, out of it, and heading to nowhere in particular.

It had been almost a month since Ifeoluwa's death, it had been nearly four weeks since I lost my twin. I hadn't gotten a grip on myself yet, the mere thought of him still easily broke me.

I kept telling myself I had to be strong, because I would never be able to live with myself if I never found out the the reason for my brother's death, but it kept getting increasingly hard to be.

All our investigations felt like torture. Every discovery we found poked dangerously at my heart, and having to listen to the last five minutes of my brother's life was the most agonizing memory I had never had.

And one thing about memories. . .

They could never be erased.

I screamed in utter frustration, turning around to punch a wall, but then, I realized how far I had gone from home.

My eye brows creased as I looked around me. Nothing about the place looked familiar. Nothing.

I heaved a shaky sigh.