×7×

This chapter is dedicated to Simdi_p

======
AIDAN:
======

Finally, the holiday was coming to an end. We were just a few days away from the start of school and I didn't know if I was meant to feel relieved or anxious.

Reason, school had it's own set of issues, and the holidays were supposed to be a leisure time for all of us, but we all knew there was nothing leisurely about this holiday.

My home didn't feel quite like it, anymore. Trying to adapt with living with strangers was the least thing I thought my Dad would ever make me do, but there I was, doing just that.

There was something wrong with the people my Dad called our 'soon-to-be family'. I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew what I notice around them.

A few days ago, Natasha decided to help the few maids that resumed their work early by tidying up the Living room. I happened to be in the Living room that morning, playing piano games on my phone when I noticed that for a good thirty minutes, the girl had remained at a position, cleaning a Vase.

I didn't like the way she kept touching it and lifting it up subtly to take a closer look. That vase happened to be a gift to mum, and it cost my Dad a fortune to get it for her. That's saying something, considering how wealthy my Dad is.

Even when she moved on to clean other places, her eyes kept darting at the vase. At some point, I just had to call her to ask why she seemed to like it so much. She only laughed and pushed my shoulder, playfully.

Another day, I saw her mum, Miss Stella, taking my laptop up the stairs. I immediately corrected her mistake and took the laptop from her but her surprised reaction seemed exaggerated.

I just couldn't help but think there was something wrong.

A spank on the arm took me out of my reverie. I frowned, looking at the person beside me.

"That was for..."

"Not being attentive enough. Bro, I was talking to you." Ayomide said.

"Yeah." I admitted, "About your pastry craze."

A chuckle escaped my lips and Ayomide rolled his eyes, grinning. "Guy, you already know about my love for junk food. I won't stop talking about it."

We were both in the living room. Somehow, Ayomide had managed to convince me into watching a movie with him. That, and purchasing a box of biscuits, and at some point, when we stopped watching the movie to indulge in a conversation, I zoned out.

Ayomide hit me on my shoulder again, wearing a smile. "Aidan, have you heard?"

I raised a brow. "About what?"

"The Seniors welcome back party, hosted by this guy named Ola, Badmus Damilola." He paused, "Apparently, a friend of his is coming to the school. That's part of the reason he's throwing the party."

"When's the party?" I asked.

He leaned back on the Sofa. "This Saturday, right before the week of the school's resumption.

"Well, have fun." I said, getting up.

Ayomide furrowed his brows. "What do you mean, you're not going?"

I turned to him, raising a brow. "Have I ever been a party lover?"

He pouted. "You still attend them."

I shrugged. "I never get excited about parties. I just attend them when I feel I have to, or you force me to. You know that."

He sighed. "I would've told Tammy to come, that would've changed your mind for sure, but sadly, she isn't in the mood right now."