Chapter 4: Plants

A/n: So the lil convo between gods in this chapter was based on my half-brother and I lmao (cause Y'know they're technically half siblings n stuff so i figured, Why not?)

The next afternoon Deuce and Y/n walked through the school's forest, happily chatting with each other and enjoying each other's company.

They came to a stop at a familiar bridge, sitting down on the bench they'd made their spot.

"-And I mean, what is it with those villains always trying to destroy Earth? They live here too!" The siren spoke as the Gorgon merely stared at her with a soft smile.

"Deuce?" The girl spoke, tilting her head "Are you alright?"

Deuce quickly shook himself out of his trance and nodded.

"Uh- Yep, I'm fine. Completely fine."

"Are you sure? You look rather flushed." She reached her hand up to touch his forehead "And you're all cold... are you getting ill?"

He grew colder at the contact, before shaking his head.

"I'm fine- I just uh- had something on my mind."

The girl paused, slowly removing her hand.

"Oh... did you want to talk about it?" She asked with concern.

The gorgon shook his head.

"No, it's alright." He said giving her a short smile.

"Oh, okay." The girl said.

The two sat in a comfortable smile for a moment, enjoying each other's company.

"Hey-" Deuce began breaking the silence "Is Kirby still with Frankie, Clawdeen and Draculaura?"

Y/n nodded.

"Are you going to go grab them?" Deuce asked.

"Nope."

"Did you want me to grab them for you?" He offered.

Y/n shook her head.

"No, Clawdeen, Draculaura and Frankie are busy today anyway." Y/n said, "They're helping show the new students around."

"We have new students?" Deuce asked.

"Yep! They've been here all month but for some reason were only officially enrolled a few days ago, I was showing them around their first day and then yesterday they didn't show up for their show-around so I didn't do it and then Clawdeen texted me this morning asking if I wanted her, Draculaura and Frankie to do it for me so I could hang out with you for longer." She explained.

"That's nice of them." Deuce smiled.

"Mhmm." The siren hummed.

"What's the matter? Are you still mad at them?" Deuce asked gently.

"No. Well- Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know!" She exclaimed looking at her feet.

"Is this about what you told me last night?" He asked.

The siren bit her lip in thought.

"I don't know." She admitted quietly.

"Did you wanna talk about it?" Deuce asked.

Y/n shook her head.

"No... you've helped me enough." She muttered.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure." She stated.

"Okay."

The siren crossed her ankles, swinging her legs as she looked over at the gorgon, giving him a small smile.