Chapter 16: Graveyard Dancing

A/n: So uh- this chapter is kinda long, not sure how to feel but tbh i generally think as a rule everything i write is bad so- eh. Uh- enjoy. (Ps some moments of this chapter were read by my friend over my shoulder and she gave me advice so, ty Jas even though you will never read this) ANYWAYS GUESS WHAT GUYS ITS ANOTHER SONG CHAPTER HAHAHAHAHAH idk man i just really like the song. 

The two remained sitting together in the graveyard, cheeks flushed. Neither teen would look the other in the eyes, the silence growing awkward as Y/n resorted to fiddling with her fingers, picking at the aqua nail polish Hermes had messily done.

Just then, a softer song wafted through their ears, harder to hear than the other songs yet something was stopping Y/n from tuning this particular song out, she glanced over at Deuce of whom was already looking at her, seemingly in thought, as if he was fighting an internal struggle.

"Uh- Did you... want to dance?" He asked suddenly "With me?"

Y/n hesitated but nodded, a soft smile on her lips.

A grin broke out on Deuces lips, he slowly rose to his feet, carefully holding a hand out to the siren. Y/n took his hand as he gently pulled her up.

The two slowly began to dance to the music, swaying in time, Deuce gently holding Y/ns hands before tentatively moving them to her hips, carefully pulling her closer.

Small blue glowing lights surrounded the two, floating around them, illuminating the usually dark graveyard. However, the two hardly noticed this, their attention drawn on each other, unfocused on the graveyard, gazing into each other's eyes. Y/ns arms draped around Deuce's neck, as the two continued to dance to the soft music flowing around them.

As if magic, the blue lights slowly changed to yellow, bar a few which became a soft pink, still floating around the two but now, beginning to cling to them, sending a tingling feeling through their bodies as their feet suddenly left the ground, rising to float in the air. They didn't take notice of this either, so caught up in the moment that anything else in the world became irrelevant.

They continued to sway together, enjoying the moment, unaware of the beings standing just a few metres away.

𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙

A few moments earlier, a girl with black and blonde hair moved through the forest, stepping towards the graveyard.

"Y/n? Are you in here?" The girl called, adjusting her dark green and black dress before moving her feathered wings in a motion that would allow her to fly over the fencing "Are you alright?"

Upon receiving no response, she took a step forward, eyes scanning the graveyard, she continued to walk through until she stopped in her tracks.

There she'd seen Y/n and Deuce, dancing so calmly together, standing in close proximity.

Eternity paused, feeling an unfamiliar feeling bubbling up inside her, her chest suddenly feeling tight. Why couldn't it be her dancing with Y/n? Why couldn't it be Deuce watching them? Why doesn't she get the opportunity to spend that time with her? Why couldn't Y/n like her?

She stopped herself, dancing doesn't mean anything, she still had some margin of a chance. But the way they were staring at each other, gazing into each other's eyes, that means something. She could see the way they were looking at each other. It's the way she longed for Y/n to look at her.

Deciding against disturbing them she moved to turn around, stopping once she saw the small blue particles floating towards the two. Her brows furrowed for a moment before she took a quick look around the graveyard, scanning the area before taking a breath of relief and walking back towards the main party, the feeling of jealously lingering.