Chapter 10: The bouquet

A/n: Sorry this ones so short, the next one will be longer I swear! Anyways lowkey hate this blah blah blah etc etc, fun stuff.  (Lowkey rushed this bc im starting school again soon man)

Deuce Gorgon walked through the forest, a bouquet of flowers in his hand, making his way to his spot- or rather his and his favourite siren's spot. He needed to think.

However, the moment he'd reached the wooden bridge, he saw a small hermit crab sitting on the railing.

"Kirby? What're you doing here? Where's Y/n?" He asked, stepping towards the crab.

The hermit crab pointed towards the water beside them, Deuce tentatively peered over the railing and sure enough, he saw a flash of an F/c tail in the water, paired with a blurry image of a familiar siren, swimming around in circles.

"What's she doing in there?" He asked, watching her figure move.

The crab shrugged before gesturing to the flowers in his hand.

"What? These?" He asked, glancing down at the flowers "They're for Y/n... the last bouquet didn't really go the way I hoped so I got these... I'm pretty sure they're her favourite."

Kirby moved closer to the gorgon to look at the flowers before giving him a suspicious look.

"Why're you giving me that look? I listen to her." Deuce spoke, noticing the look the crab was giving him "Why am I talking to you? I can't understand you."

Kirby squeaked in response.

"Hey, do you think you can keep a secret?" Deuce asked, turning to face the crab.

Had Y/n been listening, Kirby would've said something like this:

'For Y/n? Yes, always. For you? No, never.'

"Well- I don't know what squeak means so I'll just assume that means yes." Deuce said, "I think I like Y/n- well actually I know I like her... a lot."

'I'm going to tell her that.'

"I'm not even sure if she likes me back." Deuce spoke leaning over the railing again "And every time I get close to telling her how I feel... I just can't."

'Wuss.'

"But... I'm going to do it today, I'd do it tomorrow, but you know it's her birthday party and she'll probably be super stressed."

'No don't do that! I'm team Eternity!'

"Do you think it's a bad idea?"

'Yes. Don't do it.'

"No. I'm going to do it."

'Gods damn it.'

"You know Kirby, I see why Y/n talks to you now."

'I don't see why she talks to you.'

"You're a really good listener."

'I wish I wasn't.'

Just then a severing sound filled the air as a voice rang out.

"-Hermes stop laughing at me! It's not my fault the fish were cheating at Freeze Tag! -"

Deuce and Kirby peered down to see Y/n sitting by the water.

"-No Hermes I'm not being childish, I'm not the one who cheated at Freeze tag! They suggested it by the way! –"

Deuce looked at the hermit crab beside him.

"Is she okay?"

The Hermit crab nodded.

"-The whole point of Freeze Tag is to stop moving when your tagged! I tagged all of them! –" The siren exclaimed, moving to stand up "-Well why suggest it if you're not going to follow the rules?"

"Are you sure she's alright?" Deuce asked.

The Hermit crab nodded again as the sounds of arguing faded out.

A few moments later, the siren appeared at the other side of the bridge.

"-And- Deuce?"

A/n: Anyways since this one was so short uh- what's your favourite flower?

Also next chapters a song chapter that i managed to write on like two hours of sleep. So, enjoy that.