Chapter 11: If I could tell her

A/n: Sooo  this ones like super long (2404 words) woulda been longer but i had to cut myself off, Uh- the song in this chapter is from a musical I have only JUST gotten into so i dont acc know much abt the plot, but i do really like it and wanted an excuse to incorporate it so- Have this chapter! I may find excuses to add more songs from this musical  bc i like a lot of em :). Anyways rant about musicals done, Uh- Enjoy the chapter, I wrote it late at night (Why do i do this to myself) and decided to give you an extra chapter this week, Quite a few swears this chapter... mostly from Kirby, Deuce might be a bit OOC, you might hate both him and Y/n this chapter, Uh- sorry i had to change parts of the song and now they sound bad but i wanted to make em fit and I'm a book writer and actress, not song writer, blah blah blah, etc, etc, have fun :), Love ya.

"Hey Y/n." Deuce greeted, holding the bouquet behind his back "What're you doing here?"

Y/n paused.

"Uh- I needed to do some thinking so I came here and then uh- some less then positive thoughts came on, so I figured... what better way to drown them out than to swim down there?" Y/n explained "Why? Did you want me to go? Because I can-"

"Oh no, no, no! You can stay! You were here first." Deuce interrupted, taking a step forward "Besides, I'd actually rather hang out with you."

Y/n smiled softly.

"Okay."

"Okay." Deuce repeated.

The two moved to sit on the bench, Kirby squeaking loudly as Y/n gently leant her head on Deuce's shoulder.

'No, you move away, get on another bench!' Kirby squeaked 'You, get your head off his shoulder!'

Y/n ignored Kirby's squeaking as the two sat in (Mostly) silence.

"I didn't see you in class today." Deuce spoke quietly "You alright?"

"Yeah- I just didn't really... feel like going." Y/n responded, looking down at her hands.

"It's not like you to skip class." Deuce mentioned.

"I know but- technically I only skipped two periods." Y/n murmured "I mean, I had two periods this morning, then break, then Hisstory which- isn't really a class right now, and now I have a free period."

Deuce smiled softly, looking down at her.

"You know it seems like you've put a lot of effort in excusing the fact you've skipped almost the entire day." Deuce pointed out.

"I know." She spoke.

Deuce paused.

"Just- don't skip the two next classes, okay? Or lunch."

"Fine." She murmured, smiling.

'No Y/n don't listen! - Well, I mean get lunch but don't listen after that!'

"Kirby shut up." She spoke quietly.

'No.'

The two reverted back to silence for a few moments.

"What's with the flowers?" Y/n asked, "Someone give them to you?"

Deuce quickly looked back at the siren, suddenly feeling a foreign feeling in his stomach.

"What?" He asked all thoughts suddenly dropping from his head.

"The flowers." She repeated, gesturing to the flowers in his hand "Did someone give them to you?"

"Oh- uh no!" He said quickly "They're for you."

He held the flowers towards her.

"For me?" She spoke, carefully taking the flowers "They're my favourite! Are they from you?"

Deuce paused. It's a simple question, they were from him, so the answer to that question is yes. All he has to do is say it. Why isn't he saying it?