Chapter 17: the bathroom and the bracelet

A/n: So like this ones kinda cringe and like idk how to feel but honestly this is one of those chapters i had to speed finish to make sure I'd have one out this week (Cause yk i didnt make one last week) so- oh well.

Mercy found Eternity in the girl's bathroom, fixing her makeup.

"Eternity." Mercy greeted.

Eternity flinched at the sound and turned around.

"Oh, Mercy dear! You startled me! I didn't see you there." Eternity spoke, placing the mascara she had been applying down.

"Don't worry I wasn't standing there for long." Mercy hummed.

"Well, I'd hope not, we're in the bathroom." Eternity smiled, turning around to fix her mascara again.

"Uh- I've been- Have you been crying?" Mercy asked.

"What? No. I don't have any reason to cry." Eternity stated, continuing to do her mascara.

"Is this about Y/n and Deuce?" Mercy questioned.

Eternity dropped her mascara into the sink.

"What? No. Y/n and Deuce are perfectly at liberty to do whatever they want." Eternity said quickly, scrambling to grab her mascara before pausing "Wait... How did you know about that?"

"Know what?" Mercy asked quickly.

"About Y/n and Deuce."

"Uh- Clawdeen told me." Mercy lied.

"Really?" Eternity hummed "I wasn't aware you ghouls were close."

"We're not... but uh- you know, humans like to gossip."

"I think that's called a stereotype." Eternity stated.

"No... it's called a... realeotype."

"That's not a word Merce."

"It is too!"

"Just because you say is too doesn't mean it is." Eternity hummed.

"Well- Whatever... I was just trying to say, you must be so upset." Mercy spoke.

"I'm really not-"

"Distraught even!" Mercy interrupted.

"I'm fine Mercy-"

"You're practically sobbing! Here let me give you a hug." Mercy exclaimed, engulfing the harpy into a hug, quickly pulling out a strand of hair.

"Oh, and we're hugging." Eternity spoke, hugging the vampire back awkwardly as she felt the strand of hair being pulled out "Ow! What the Hades was that for?"

"Oh, my bad!" Mercy spoke, pulling away and pocketing the hair "Anyways gotta go- Bye!"

Mercy moved to exit the bathroom quickly, stopping at the door, taking a deep breath before quickly leaving.

𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙 𓆙

As the soft sounds of music faded from Y/n and Deuce's ears, the shimmering particles faded away, guiding the two gently to the ground. They parted from each other, Y/n flushing a deep purple.

"We should uh- probably be getting back to the party now..." Y/n murmured moving to leave but Deuce quickly caught her wrist.

"Wait- uh- Can I give you your present now?" He asked.

"If you want." Y/n spoke.

Deuce smiled, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a small whine box, wrapped with a green ribbon and a seemingly handmade card- how he managed to fit the card in there Y/n didn't know.

"Here." Deuce spoke, handing her the small box and the card.

Y/n moved to open the card first, but Deuce quickly stopped her.

"Uh- maybe... maybe read the card later." Deuce suggested.

Y/n gave him a suspicious look but nodded, placing the card in her bag, then carefully opening the small box.

There were two things inside the box.

A small, beaded bracelet, a combination of green and f/c beads, evidentially made by hand, two pendants hanging off, a snake and a hermit crab. The other object in the box was a necklace, much like the bracelet it was beaded, except this one had a third colour bead, small red hearts accompanied the green and f/c beads, small silver Greek lettering- that she couldn't properly read without looking closer- decorated the hearts. The necklace held three pendants, two golden heart pendants and one silver snake in the middle.

"They're nothing special." Deuce said sheepishly "They're handmade so they're not like-"

"They're beautiful." Y/n murmured, looking up at Deuce, noticing how he opened his mouth to add something but quickly second guessed himself "Thank you."

"Do you want help putting the necklace on?" Deuce offered.

Y/n smiled softly, nodding as she delicately handed him the necklace, turning around and moving her hair out of the way.

Deuce stepped behind her, carefully draping the necklace around her neck, his hands accidentally brushing against the side of her neck, causing the siren to shiver. He fumbled with the sloppily applied clasp for a moment, resulting in both monsters' cheeks growing cold.

Once he had properly clasped the necklace around her neck, he stepped back, allowing Y/n room to turn around.

She mumbled a small 'thanks', removing the bracelet from the box and pulling it over her wrist.

"Uh- we should be getting back to the party now." Y/n murmured.

"Yeah." Deuce agreed, although neither one really wanted to return to the loud party.

"I'll read your card in the morning." Y/n spoke as the two moved to return.

"Good idea."

Little they knew that the card wouldn't be opened for a long while after that.