Chapter 26

"Hi Captain!" Tae met him on his way, he was walking in the hallway and as usual, his brows we're furrows. He seemed so stressed today.

Jungkook did not pay attention to him and continued walking. But Tae just kept following him. "Have you eaten today?" he asked.

"No."

Tae's mouth flung open. "Since breakfast? It's lunch now, you should eat!" he said but Jungkook did not respond. Tae thought of another way of starting a conversation.

"Where are you going today?"

"None of your business." Jungkook went upstairs, and Tae still followed.

"Why not?" Tae asked, trying to lighten up the
mood.

"Just go." Jungkook said, his voice seemed really serious, but that didn't throw Tae off. "Why would I?"

"Because I said so."

"But I want to follow you." Tae flashed him a smile, but nothing happened.

"Stop following me." Jungkook said, he was hastening his steps, trying to leave Taehyung back. But Taehyung hastened his steps too.

"I won't. Are you okay? You look stressed."

"Go away."

"No, we're friends so..."

"I SAID GO AWAY!" Jungkook stopped and looked back at him.

Only to see Taehyung's surprised reaction. He was frozen on his place. he did not expect the sudden thunder of Jungkook's voice. He doesn't like being shouted at, he felt scared.

He's tearing up.

"Stop following me and we're NOT FRIENDS! We're not close, we're not related!"

"Stop acting like we're pals. In the first place you shouldn't be talking casually to me. I am your Captain, and you are my subordinate. That's how we're ONLY related. Do you understand, Mr. Kim?"

Jungkook's voice was getting louder, he was breathing furiously.

He did not even notice that Taehyung was shaking in fear.

Tae felt a lump in his throat while trying to process everything that Jungkook said.

After some while, Tae held his face up and saluted, "Sir, yes sir!" he cried.

"I'm sorry if I see you as my friend, I never thought you don't see me the same. My apologies, Captain." Taehyung forced a smile to hold his tears back.

He bowed and did not take a glance at Jungkook's reaction. He doesn't want to see his reaction because he'll surely cry.

Jungkook watched him walk away. He was too furious to realize the ache in his heart the moment Taehyung stated those.

He knew he was wrong to say that, but It's too late to take it back. He ran his fingers through his hair and clicked his tongue.

What a day for him.

Taehyung ran to a tree, the same tree where he saw Jungkook that night.

And right when he reached the tree, he burst.

Anger and hurt. All of his realization flooded his mind and that even made the tears fall.

"I forgot that he's a Captain, and I'm just nothing."

Maybe, he really went to far. Maybe he's really trying hard. Maybe, maybe he's really the wrong one.

That angelic face and voice turned so dark awhile ago. He felt safe around him but at that moment, it was the same amount of fear.

His body was still shaking. He hates it─.

When people shouts at him, when people betray him, when people invalidate him.

And he hated it even more because he's too sensitive. He was supposed to be angry, but those madness immediately turns into tears.

He's such a baby. A cry baby.

Twenty minutes had already passed when that happened, but his tears aren't still stopping.

"Why am I hurt like this? I'm not supposed to be." he said in between his cries. He wiped tears with his handkerchief.

"I cared too much about him. Maybe that's why. I'm so dumb."

[ TIME SKIP: FEW WEEKS LATER]

And it remained like that, ignorance and pretending like they don't see each other.

Tae did not forget about his mission, but for now, he's still sullen. He's still hurt. And he doesn't know when it'll be over.

Little did he know, Jungkook was still there. He was still protecting him from afar. Even just by
watching, Jungkook managed to keep him safe.

And Taehyung never noticed those. He's too busy training and distracting himself from him.

Atleast, Jungkook was thankful that Taehyung had friends his team mates.

They're helping him in the things that he can't. And probably, make him laugh. Atleast, that's what he's thankful for now.

"Captain, let's go." Lieutenant Han said. They had some missions in the other city and they're leaving today.

Jungkook nodded and took a last glance at Taehyung who's practicing how to shoot with a gun and he left.

Heart still heavy, he knew one day he'll have to apologize. He can't do the General's mission for him if they're like this.

He can't always protect him from afar.

"Water break from 15 minutes!" the trainer announced. After that, all of the soldiers went to the side to rest and drink some water.

Namjoon noticed that Tae was looking for something. "What's wrong Tae?" he asked.

"I think I left my bag in the room." he said.

He immediately went on his way towards their designated room. He unlocked it and went inside to get his bag. "Why did I not bring you?" he asked the bag.

He went outside, locking the door. But even before he leaves, a hard object swung onto his head.

He lost consciousness.

☆☆☆

MHMM...WHERE AM I?

I CANT MOVE MY BODY, OH MY GOD!