Chapter 29

Bogum shook his head and Tae quickly placed the presents in Bogum's hand.

"That's all yours! And you're gonna take it whether you like it or not." Tae flashed his boxy smile.

Bogum looked somewhere else and smiled too. "O-Okay then."

gladly, I haven't seen him yet. maybe he's in his office doing paperworks.

I should stop thinking about him and focus on the training...for now.

Their training for today has finally finished. Tae felt his tiredness but he can cope up with it now since he's been doing trainings for some weeks.

Sometimes, he would look around and try to see if SOMEONE is looking. But he's just hurting himself. Jungkook was nowhere.

He suddenly saw Bogum sitting on the bench staring onto the space. He decided to approach him because he looks out of himself.

"What are you thinking?" Tae asked, sitting beside him. Bogum flinched at the sudden voice, then sighed.

"What's the matter?"

Bogum was fiddling his fingers. He seems anxious.

"Hey, it's okay. Tell me." Tae encouraged him.

He heard another sigh from him. "Tae...I-I need to tell you something." Tae felt intrigued.

It must be important for him to be this anxious. "What is it?"

Bogum was hesitating. Tae was curious but he didn't want to pressure him.

"I..." he started. "I was just the one who took you home, but I wasn't the one who saved you."

Tae felt deaf with his words. He went silent for a second. "Pardon?"

Bogum faced him, he looks troubled. "Captain Jeon was the one who saved you."

Tae felt so confused, and hurt at the same time. Is he hearing all of these right?

"What...? What do you mean I don't understand?" He felt nervous and he doesn't know why.

[ FLASHBACK ]

No people were found on the streets since it's already night time. Only the street torches, and crickets we're accompanying them.

Jungkook has so many much in my mind. He's carrying the sleeping Taehyung in his arms and he's glad that he's asleep.

He's so so worried.

His foot tripped on the side and he almost fell, but his knee supported him and he's kneeling down.

But it wasn't so fortunate since the knee that was pressed on the ground had a gunshot.

"Ah..." he groaned, he was shaking. He had so many wounds his face, arms, and knees.

He sighed and gathered all of his left energy to stand up.

His wounds we're aching, he had two gunshots
on the knee and a graze of the bullet in his arm.

But he can't give up, he has to make sure Taehyung is safe first.

He endured the pain until he finally reached
the camp. The soldiers guarding the camp gate immediately distinguished his face and quickly opened the gate for him.

Luckily, Bogum was one of the soldiers that were guarding the gate. He immediately called him.

"Sir! You're injured, you need to be."

"Get the horse ready, faster." Bogum quickly ran to the horse's parking area and grabbed a random horse.

"Get him up." Jungkook ordered and Bogum helped him put Tae onto the horse carefully. Bogum was riding the horse too and Tae was leaning on him for support.

"Bring him home. Please make sure he returns home safe." His voice were weak, and he's panting for breath.

The other soldiers called the military doctor. He came and assisted Jungkook. Bogum saluted and was about to leave when Jungkook spoke.-

"If ever his family asks, tell them you saved him. Tell them you found him tied on a sledge in a forest near a cliff."

Bogum's mouth flung open. He doesn't know why he's being ordered like that. "B-But Sir, I did not—“

"Please, I'm counting on you Mr. Park."

Bogum hesitated at first, but he eventually saluted, "Sir, yes sir!" He said and left.

Jungkook was brought onto the clinic, so many groans we're heard because of the pain of his wounds.

It was too much and unbearable.

"What happened, Captain?" The doctor asked, but Jungkook kept quiet. "You have so many wounds, where did you get this?" But still, no response.

"I heard you suddenly ran away in the other city. Did I you know you're about to be promoted Major? Lieutenant was gonna surprise you about that but you ran away."

After being cured, he went to his office with lots of bandages in his arms and legs. He waited for some minutes and finally, the person he's been waiting for arrived.

"Sir," Bogum saluted and entered his office. "Report." Jungkook ordered.

"He's all fine Sir, I told them about what you said. Mr. Kim is still unconscious but I believe he'll recover soon." He said.

Jungkook slowly nodded. He finally got to breathe now that he knew Tae was safe.

"I-If it's not too much to ask, why did you want me to tell them that I saved him?"

Jungkook lean onto his chair and thought of an answer without telling him what happened.

"He hates me," he started. "He wouldn't like it if he'll knew that I was the one who saved him. And please, don't tell anyone."

Bogum slowly nodded, and left.

[ END OF FLASHBACK]