Chapter 30

Tae's tears kept on falling as soon as Bogum told him what happened.

"I promised Captain that I won't tell anyone and you but my conscience can't take it anymore."

"He's the one you should thank. He did not receive his promotion cuz he ran away to save you."

Tae covered his mouth as soon as he started to bawl.

He doesn't know what to feel and even what to think. His thoughts were so scattered and his heart was beating so fast.

It hurts so much to think that he thought he never cared but it turns our he's still there.

"W-Where is he?" Tae asked, calming himself
down. "He's in his office“

As soon as that, he immediately stood up and ran away towards the place where Jungkook is always staying.

He bit his lip, trying to to cry again. He doesn't want him to see that he's crying.

But as soon as he opened the door, Jungkook was facing his back, and immediately turned when he heard the door opened.

His wounds on his face were still visible, his bandage on his arm and elbow are still there. He looks so injured.

And that made Tae burst in tears.

"Why are you here? You should be resting-"

"Isn't that what I'm supposed to tell you?"

Jungkook was taken aback by his words. He froze on his place. Tae grabbed the pillow on the side and threw it to Jungkook.

"I hate you so much!" He cried in anger.

Jungkook did not respond, he probably deserved this for what he did to him last week.

"I hate you for still caring, I hate you for saving me, I hate you for messing up with my feelings, I hate you because I still like you even thought you hurt me!"

Tae did not care about all the words that he just said. He was in rage, he's furious. But at the same time, his heart was aching.

He wanted to shout at him, he wanted to kick him and throw him off a bridge.

But seeing Jungkook with all those wounds, made his heart weak.

He immediately went towards his and cupped his face, checking his wounds.

"Are you okay? Does it still hurt?" Jungkook can feel the coldness and shaking of Tae's hand. His eyes we're full of worries.

He checked his arm. "Who did this to you? They're so mean."

He was speaking in between his cries. He knelt down and lifted the end of Jungkook's pants a bit to see his knee.

"You don't look okay, you have so many wounds." Tae was taken aback when he saw Jungkook unconsciously and fondly smiling at him.

His heard jumped.

"Why are you smiling?! Do you think it's funny?! I'm worried and you're just gonna smile?!" Tae angrily said and stood up.

He furiously wiped his tears. "You know what? You-"

"I'm sorry."

He was cut off by his words. He did not expect him to say that.

"I'm sorry for what I did last week. I never meant any of those. I was just really stressed and pressured that day so maybe I vented it on you. I'm really sorry."

Tae's heart ached at his words. He really looked sincere. Tae sniffed and gathered himself up.

"So....a-are we friends then?" Tae shyly asked. And Jungkook couldn't control his smile.

"I always see you as that." Tae was caught off guard by his words, and immediately smiled when he saw Jungkook smiling.

That's the first time he saw him smile, and he's beautiful.

HESAIDWEREFRIENDS

Tae felt overwhelmed, he smiled back but he couldn't help his tears.

Jungkook was caught off guard when Tae suddenly hugged him. He's just a bit taller than him.

Jungkook doesn't know whats happening. Why is his heart beating so fast? It's just Taehyung?

Tae started sniffing, indicating that he's crying. His face was nuzzled onto Jungkook shoulders.

"I'm sorry for doubting you," Tae paused. "I thought you never cared. I thought I never mean to you. I thought-"

Tae was taken aback when Jungkook hugged back.

"You thought what?" Jungkook's voice was gentle and comforting- like he wanted Tae to be the only one who'll hear it.

Tae gulped, he's lost in words. "I thought you won't come and save me." He cried.

Jungkook doesn't know how to respond. Cuz he also, doesn't know why he's protecting Tae. He's a Captain, a soldier, and not a butler.

He can just leave him alone. He can just disobey the general and do his own job. But there was something in his heart. He felt like
he have to protect him.

He WANTED to protect him.

No one spoke. They stood in that position for how long? No one knew.

They're just strangers, who felt familiar to each other. And even just in their first touch they felt safe and comfortable.

"You said you like me." Jungkook spoke out of nowhere.

Tae's eyes bawled in shock.

He immediately broke the hug and took a step backwards away from Jungkook.

"I said that? No I didn't." Tae looked away, trying to avoid eye-contact. He knew he said that, but it was just the flow of emotions.

And now, he's so screwed.

"You said you hate me because even If I had hurt you, you still like me."

Tae gulped, and Jungkook on the other side is
having fun teasing him.

"I never said something like that. And if I did, I don't mean it."

Jungkook nodded. "Really? Too bad, I like you too."

Tae's head shot upright, wide eyes looking at Jungkook. Did he heard that wrong?

"Sorry what?" He asked, he heard it loud and clear. But what if not?

"I said I like you too." Tae was literally frozen on his place. His mind stopped working but his heart is beating so fast.

Tae didn't know how to respond. He doesn't know what to feel. His heart is overjoyed.

Jungkook on the other hand, couldn't help it anymore. "I'm kidding." He laughed and Tae felt so disappointed.

He grabbed the pillow on his side and threw it to Jungkook.

"Ah!" The pillow his his knee and he's groaning in pain.

Tae stuck his tongue out. "Deserved."

He was about to leave when he saw a familiar letter on top of Jungkook's table.

He went towards it and grabbed it. "What...the fuck."