Dominic

Coming to, I sit up, taking in my surroundings. Remembering what happened last night, I shake my head to clear it of the fog.

I'd tried to force myself on her, and attacking the alien, he let me live. But, I do remember him trying to stick me with a spear, twice.

"Are you okay?"

It's Amara, watching me from a distance. The thing's next to her, watching me also.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

"It's okay. It's a good thing that I hadn't drunk that much, or I wouldn't be able to look you in the eyes this morning.

"That was so not me," I state, feeling like an ass.

"Dominic, it's okay." She states, moving towards me. The creature's low growl reseats her.

"Sorry, he's protective."

My lowly gaze wandered around the perimeter, James and Travis were missing.

"Where's Mutt and Jeff?"

The creature makes a snorting noise, coming to his feet. Blatantly snarling at me with disdain, he leaves disappearing from sight. I'm starting to think that he may be able to understand us.

"Well... um... you know how... when... two people are stranded..."

Oh no.

"He didn't."

"He did not. James likes men. He ... they're ... just leave it alone."

Yep, I'm gonna do just that, mind my business.

Amara's playing her part and keeping up her part of the bargain. Attempting to woo, a human-hunting alien takes guts. But I know something that the others don't.

She's starting to care for it. The eyes never lie. The way that she looks at it, it's more than just some weird alien fetish.

Yeah, she's covetous of its wares, but she definitely has a soft spot for it.

"Hey... careful!" She says, alarmed. He's been keeping her safe, moving her to different parts of the planet.

We're alive because we follow her. These things hunt us, and other beings. As we ran into a couple of strange-looking things, while on the move.

Our whole lives have been a lie.

"Ow!" Watching him train her, he's not being lenient. In fact, he's being extremely rough with her.

She's sporting a few bruises because of it. One more hard rapt on the head, and she's had enough.

Attacking out of anger, she swings like a mad woman at him, and in one move he has her on her back.

His spear is at her throat. She's angry but unable to do anything about it. Going to her feet, she throws a rock at his head.

Oh shit!

Any signs of aggression, and you're worthy of a fight. I drew my weapon, and he attacked. James and Travis don't engage him, and he doesn't give a flip about them.

Her random act of violence causes an instant kill reaction from him. His helmet weapon's laser deploys, aimed at her heart.

Discreetly drawing my gun, they're both waiting and watching, with him finally withdrawing.

It's my turn to keep watch. Ren and Stimpy are bundled up together, while Amara is snoring near the fire.

A light kick from me, and she awakes with a start.

"What?"

"You're going to draw them right to us with all the noise you're making."

"I was sleeping really good."

"Yeah, keep it down. And then I won't have to interrupt your good sleep."

Her middle finger going up at me, she turns back over. Minutes tick by, and not having another reason to bother her, I move closer to her.

She doesn't stir, or make any movement in acknowledgment. And drawing nearer, I lightly finger her hair. It's been a while, and as much as I put on airs of not liking her, the reality is the complete opposite.

It's been torture watching her with it, pretending that I don't care. And trying to ignore the small twinge of jealousy.

Gently moving her hair aside, my fingers make a connection with her neck. Instantly the muzzle of a gun is aimed at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Something that I shouldn't be doing," I state, hands raised in surrender.

Her eyes studying mine, she lowers the gun. "We can't jeopardize our plan." She says quietly.

"I agree."

Returning to my post, a distance from her, she's right. We can't... huh? My gaze goes back to her, and she's still watching me.

A small smile accentuates her lovely features, before her eyes close. I put a mental rush on our plans to get back home.