STARS

Jill, Pete, and James stood at the end of the alleyway, their eyes fixed upon the seemingly endless ocean of chaos and destruction unfurling before them. Panic had gripped the city, as a desperate frenzy for survival unfolded in every direction. The blaring sirens created an unsettling symphony of distress, while the grim sight of lifeless bodies strewn haphazardly served as a haunting reminder of the devastation that had befallen Racoon City.

"Oh my god. How did this all happen so fast?" Jill's voice trembled with a mixture of disbelief and horror, her words barely audible over the cacophony of mayhem surrounding them.

"I don't know, but I don't plan on sticking around," Pete declared.

As Pete sprinted ahead, the sound of screeching tires rose above the clamor. A car hurtled towards him at full throttle. Pete's reflexes kicked in, propelling him to the side just in the nick of time. The car, now unrestrained, careened uncontrollably, its metal frame crashing into a nearby building with a deafening impact, sending shards of glass and dust flying into the air.

"We have to be dreaming. How could this many people be infected already?" Jill mused aloud.

"I know, it's unimaginable. The city was fine just ten minutes ago!" James echoed.

As their footsteps quickened, the trio weaved through the labyrinthine streets, their senses on high alert. Suddenly the massive fence, designed to keep the horrors at bay, crumbled into a heap of disjointed metal.

"Look out!" James yelled.

Pete picked up a nearby sign and swung it forcefully, striking a zombie's head with a satisfying crack.

"In there!" Jill urgently pointed to a nearby building.

Without a moment's hesitation, they all rushed inside. James and Pete instinctively positioned themselves in front of the door, using every ounce of their strength to hold it closed against the relentless onslaught of the undead.

James quickly turned to Jill. "Go open the back door! We need an escape route."

Jill nodded firmly in response. Without hesitation, she swiftly made her way towards the back of the building, her mind focused on the task at hand.

Pete's heart raced as the zombies clawed and scrabbled at the door, their haunting moans echoing through the air. He fought desperately against the overwhelming force, desperately clinging to the fragile hope of safety.

Unexpectedly, Pain erupted through Pete's body as an insidious zombie managed to thrust it's head inside the opening, sinking its decaying teeth into Pete's shoulder.

"PETE!" James yelled, his voice filled with horror and desperation as he witnessed the grisly attack.

Thinking fast, Jill swiftly returned with a knife in her hand. With decisive precision, she plunged the blade into the zombie's head. Grateful for her quick thinking, Pete and James resumed their efforts to keep the door shut.

"Don't think about it," Jill urged as she turned her gaze to Pete's gruesome wound.

"HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO NOT THINK ABOUT THIS, JILL?!" Pete's voice trembled with a whirlwind of emotions, the pain and hopelessness intertwined.

"We gotta make a run for it," James said.

Pete's gaze dropped, his expression filled with sadness and defeat. "I'm not gonna make it. We all know how this ends," he admitted, his voice heavy with resignation.

"No, we don't, man!" James countered.

Pete turned his head towards Jill."Take care of this dumbass for me," he said, his voice strained by pain.