Chapter One: I Get Engaged

Playlist Part One

No Deeper We Can Fall - Elias

Drama King - Matti Bye

~*~

When Percy woke up, he was in bed. Which, on its own, shouldn't have been weird, except for the fact that the bed wasn't his and he was pretty sure the last thing he remembered was Kronos slamming the end of his scythe's handle into his Achilles' heel.

Slowly, Percy pushed himself up to a sitting position, his eyes flickering warily across the room. It reminded him of the rooms from the Plaza Hotel that Camp Half Blood had overrun during the second Titan war, four years ago- everything was finely polished wooden furniture, the comforter on top of him was of very obvious high quality, and there was a large floor-to-ceiling bookshelf pushed against the wall to his left. Stuff like that made it really evident that wherever he was was a pretty nice place.

An abrupt shiver wracked through Percy's body, and he stiffened, tenderly brushing the small of his back where Kronos had struck him. The skin there was raw, and Percy pulled his hand away, trying not to think about how he was wearing a chiton and that somebody must've changed his clothes while he slept.

Suddenly annoyed, Percy flung the comforter back and pushed himself out of the bed, stalking over to the door and tugging it open. He was expecting it to be locked, so when the sight of an equally extravagant-looking hallway greeted him, he was taken aback, wavering in the doorway for a beat and unsure of what to do next.

"Oh. You're up," somebody to his left observed.

Percy's head jerked toward the voice, and he immediately recoiled away from the sight of Hyperion. "You." The single word dripped with poison, and Percy's eyes narrowed as Hyperion shot him a bored glance.

"Me," Hyperion agreed easily, before reaching forward and grabbing Percy by the arm, tugging him down the hallway. Percy at first tried to wrench his arm away, gritting his teeth as his skin grew warmer under Hyperion's firm grasp.

"If you don't want some serious burns, I'd suggest you behave," the Titan of the East said as he pulled Percy round a corner.

Gnashing his teeth into his lip, Percy let his arm go limp. The heat cut off immediately, and Percy let out a grunt of relief. "Where are you taking me, anyway?" He grumbled, nearly tripping over his feet as Hyperion yanked him along a bit faster.

"The throne room." There was a gleeful smile stretched across the Titan's face, and Percy blanched, his fingers twitching as he resisted the urge to reach for Riptide- wouldn't do him any good in this situation, most likely. The Titan dragging him along could probably incinerate him with a thought.

They rounded one more corner, and Percy sucked in an irate breath- At the end of the hallway, standing in front of two giant wooden double doors, were Iapetus and Oceanus. Once Percy was within five feet of the former, he sprung forward, kicking out at Iapetus as Hyperion heaved him back. "YOU!" Percy screamed, grimacing as Hyperion's hand blazed red-hot against his arm. "I TRUSTED YOU!"

It was months of anger, of something beyond rage that bled into Percy's voice, that clouded his vision red and had his pulse pounding behind his eyes whenever he even thought about the Titan of the West- the type of ire that made the third-degree burn Hyperion was leaving on his arm feel like nothing if it meant he could land one good, hard kick on Iapetus' stupid, fucking shins. That was the absolute least the traitor deserved, after he'd been revived and joined Kronos' ranks without skipping a fucking beat.

Iapetus, unphased, simply regarded him coldly. "And that was your mistake," he replied, his voice calm, before he and Oceanus pushed the doors open, revealing the Olympians' former throne room.