Chapter Twenty Two: A Stranger Sells Me Batteries

Playlist Part Twenty Two:

Liar - The Arcadian Wild

TrusT - half alive

Primordial Chaos - Darren Korb

~*~

Percy was sitting at the foot of his and Kronos' bed, staring with narrowed eyes at the bedroom door. Just outside, in the hallway, he could hear the Titan King's and Krios' hushed voices, and was currently trying to eavesdrop as the two brothers deliberated back and forth.

"-Koios," Krios was whispering urgently, his words barely audible. "-haven't felt this since- since- " He said some word that Percy couldn't quite hear, and the demigod-turned-Titan glowered, leaning forward slightly to better listen.

There was a beat of silence, before Kronos let out a huff, resignating himself to whatever his brother was saying. "We're stronger now, more than ever before," he reasoned. "You need not worry. I will take care of it."

"But Percy-"

"-is irrelevant," Kronos cut in swiftly. "Even Tartarus dares not to attack us. He can scarecly lay a finger on Othrys, if those measely half-breeds were able to defeat Mother as easily as they did. Now," the bedroom door's handle creaked slightly, and Percy scrambled back to the head of the bed, flinging the covers over himself and pretending to sleep. "-some rest. The ten of us can continue this conversation tomorrow."

Krios mumbled a quiet 'good night', and the bedroom door pushed open, Kronos' light foot falls padding over the wooden floor as he approached the bed. Percy kept his eyes closed, managing not to flinch as Kronos' hand rested on his shoulder.

"Pretending to sleep will do you no good, my dear Percy."

With a huff, Percy flicked his eyes open, rolling over to look up at Kronos. "Hey," he said, pushing the covers back slightly.

Kronos arched a brow, his lips quirking up. "Eavesdropping, Percy?" He drawled, a hint of humor lining his voice. "Are you truly that bored?"

Propping himself up on his elbows, Percy squinted into Kronos' eyes, studying the older. "Not bored," he corrected. "Just worried." He hesitated for a moment, turning to face Kronos as the older plopped down on the bed beside him. "Okay, maybe I'm a little bored."

Kronos' slight smile spread into a grin, a flash of something flickering through his eyes.

Immediately regretting his words, Percy crossed his arms. "Okay, what's so funny?"

"Nothing, nothing." Kronos flicked his hand flippantly, giving his head a minute shake. "I have a task for you."

"A task," Percy echoed, skeptical. "Are you going to order me?"

Kronos' grin still hadn't dropped. He leaned forward, so there was scarcely an inch between himself and the demigod-turned-Titan. Percy swallowed thickly, his eyes dragging from Kronos' down to the other's lips, and then quickly back up again. "Uh-"

"I," Kronos began, sounding endlessly pleased, "-don't think I need to. What do you think, my dear Percy?"

Percy wet his lips and Kronos followed the movement like a hawk. "No. I- uh- right. You're right." He gulped, shivering as Kronos moved closer yet, so he was basically on top of the younger. "Yeah, I'll do it."

"Hmm." Kronos stooped forward, pressing a soft, tantalizingly slow kiss to Percy's lips. After a beat, he pulled away, drinking in Percy's flushed face. "Good."

~*~

"Why are you glaring at everyone? You're going to get in a fight."

Percy turned his sour expression up to meet Iapetus' gaze. "Go figure."