Chapter Nine: Kronos Takes Everybody Clubbing

Playlist Part Nine:

The Sack of Troy - Michael Levy

The Four Seasons: Concerto No 2. in G Minor, RV 315 "L'estate" (summer): III. Presto - Adrian Chandler, La Serenissima

~*~

Percy woke up to Kronos shaking him awake. "Get up," the Titan King urged, his breath warm against Percy's ear. "We're leaving in twenty minutes and no later."

Groaning in annoyance, Percy pulled a pillow over his head, smirking tiredly when he heard Kronos sigh. "Perseus, do I have to order you?"

"I just laid down, though," Percy complained, too miffed at having his nap interrupted to even bother being careful with his words. "What do you want?"

It was silent for a moment, before Percy felt the pillow being snatched away, and the late afternoon sunlight seared into his eyes. Wincing, he curled up defensively, squinting up at Kronos. The older was holding his pillow just out of reach, one of his eyebrows arched. Oddly- odd enough to the point that Percy half-wondered if he was still asleep- Kronos was wearing regular clothes. Like, a pair of jeans and a nice collared black shirt type-of-clothes. "What I would like," Kronos retorted, sounding put-off, "-is for you to get up, get dressed in the clothes I've laid out for you, and then come to the throne room."

Wrinkling his nose, Percy stretched widely, not missing the way Kronos' eyes flickered down to the exposed skin of his abdomen as his shirt pulled up. "Fine," he grumbled. "I'll be there in a few minutes."

Kronos dropped the pillow back to the bed, crossing his arms with an unimpressed look on his face. "I'm not leaving until you get up. I know you're simply going to fall back asleep the second I leave."

"I'm up, I'm up," Percy muttered, pushing the comforter back and swinging his feet out of the bed. When Kronos didn't make to move toward the door, Percy scowled up at him. "I'm not changing with you in here."

Clicking his tongue, Kronos murmured something that sounded suspiciously like 'sad', before turning on his heel and striding over toward the door. "If you're not out in ten minutes, I will be back, whether you're dressed or not," there was an undertone of warning to his voice, and Percy glowered, resisting the urge to throw a pillow at him.

"I'll be there in a few minutes," he repeated, quickly losing his patience.

Kronos nodded his head sharply, apparently satisfied, and stalked back out of the room, shutting the door firmly behind him.

After waiting as long as he thought he could get away with, Percy stood up, stretched again, and walked over to the chair where Kronos had stacked the clothing he wanted Percy to wear for some reason. Holding up the shirt with a lidded gaze, Percy rolled his eyes widely. "Oh, man. What the fuck is this?"

For some reason, completely unknown to Percy, Kronos had chosen both the tightest shirt and pants Percy had ever had the misfortune of seeing, much less wearing.

"What am I, a stripper?" Mumbling under his breath, he pulled off the comfortable cotton pants and shirt he had been napping in before unenthusiastically yanking on the jeans and muted green turtleneck. Staring at himself in the mirror, Percy turned from side to side several times, before scoffing and shaking his head in wonder. Everything about the outfit left little to the imagination- he might as well have been walking out naked. Which- that was probably the point.

Begrudgingly, Percy pulled on the dress shoes Kronos had left him before shuffling towards the door, headed to the throne room for... Whatever Kronos wanted.