Chapter 12. :- Lost watch

Rose:-

I woke up, finding the box from the mansion staring back at me. Intrigued, I tried to open it, and with a click sound, it revealed various items from my childhood-photos, old belongings, mini dolls, and small gifts. While searching, I found a wristwatch with a brown classy leather band and a perfect grey dial, suitable for both males and females.
It wasn't mine, and I wondered where it came from?.

Examining the watch closely, I noticed something written on the corner of the right strap, almost like scratches. Perplexed, I decided to talk to Alestor; maybe he knew something.
The box also had a secret compartment, reminding me of my mom saying, "Open it when we are no longer here, and you can't search for us. Okay!?"

I found the key in the box, opened the compartment, and discovered a diary. The first page read, "For you, my daughter. From your parents." Turning the page, I found a heartfelt message:-

Our lovely rose,
I know if you are reading this dairy, we are no longer with you. I'm sorry for leaving you alone in this world, Rose. I knew that such a day would definitely come. That's why we've done everything for you. That you live your life happily even after we are gone. George will definitely take good care of you. You don't know much about us, right!? I will tell you the whole story of me, mine and your father. After the next few pages. Rose, I hope you will be happy in the future, you will live your life wonderfully as you wanted. Please forgive us for leaving you alone, Rose. Believe me, if we ever had the option to live a future with you, we would definitely have chosen it long ago. I know we couldn't do it, but if we ever failed as parents, please forgive us. You don't know that the thought of you leaving alone is killing me. If it were possible we would want to spend our entire life with you. I want to be there on your graduation day, I want to be there when you have your first breakdown (and your dad would have killed the guys who made you cry.) I want to see you grow up, I want to be there When you get your act together, I want to meet the man you'd like to marry (your father would definitely have stared and choked him), I want to be at your wedding (and your father and I being emotional) And when your kids are running around and your father is being possesive over them, I want to be a witness to every single moment of your life. You are our daughter, you are Amherst. You should live the life you want. There will be ups and downs, there will be situations where you will be confused in taking any decision. If such a situation arises, just close your eyes and think about what is right, what should have been right, and you will get your answer.
Love you Rose.

Reading this, I clutched my mom's locket and found myself lost in thoughts.
My parents knew such day will come.
But I'm sorry, mom-dad , I'm not living a life you wanted me to. Even after you've done all the arrangements I still got in wrong hands. My childhood was a trauma.
And I'm not saying you failed as a parent. No , never, you didn't failed as a parents in fact you're the world's best parents. But I'm sorry. I'll never live that sunshine life. I'm choosing to live for revenge. For you.
I don't know how I ended being in Smith's household. I too wanted you guys to be here with me every single moment. There's nothing I wished more than that. Even if I have a choice to make deal with demon and sell my soul to be with you guys even for a single moment, I would've done it long ago. That's how much I craved your love , mom dad. I love you and I miss you .

Ring Ring
My phone rang waking up me from my thoughts.
It's Alestor. Why when I need someone, he is always there.
I picked up the phone and greeted him but by default I sounded like I want to cry so hard. And it's true.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Never failed to check up on me.

"Yeah, just got something which made me emotional."

"Wait there, I'm coming." He sounds.... worried.

______

"What was bothering you ?." Alestor asked with worry in his eyes.