Chapter 36:- Fractured Hearts

Alestor's POV

The silence between us was deafening as we drove back to my mansion. After dropping Harry to his house.

I know he needs someone too.
And to be honest. I don't care about him. I only care about Rose.. and the people she loves.

That Harry.. because him.. Rose was accused for those murders..
He was the one who hurted Alex and now my favourite son of a b@tch is in coma and no one even knows when he will get up..

I miss him..

I miss the Rose around him..

I miss us three..

If he'd been here.. maybe just maybe...
He wouldn't have let Rose be like this...
So dull...so hurt...so empty...

I kept glancing at Rose through the rearview mirror, but her expression was unreadable, a mask of cold detachment that unnerved me more than I cared to admit.

She sat rigidly, her eyes fixed on something distant, something I couldn't see or reach. It was like she was miles away, even though she was right there in the back seat.

I wanted to say something, anything to break the tension that hung in the air like a thick fog, but the words stuck in my throat.

What could I possibly say?

That everything would be alright?

That we could just move past this, put it all behind us?

It felt hollow, a lie I couldn’t bring myself to utter.

As we pulled up to the mansion, the grand facade loomed over us, bathed in the dim glow of the outdoor lights.

The place had always been a symbol of security, a fortress that could keep the world’s chaos at bay.

But tonight, it felt like just another cage—a gilded one, perhaps, but a cage nonetheless.

I parked the car and got out, moving around to open the door for Rose. She stepped out without a word, her movements stiff and mechanical.

I followed her up the steps, unlocking the door and pushing it open.

The familiar scent of the mansion hit me, a blend of polished wood and old books, but it didn’t bring me the usual comfort.

Rose walked inside, her footsteps echoing in the empty hall. I watched her, feeling the weight of everything that had happened pressing down on me.

She was right here, but I felt like I was losing her—if I hadn’t already.

“Rose,” I called after her softly, but she didn’t stop. She didn’t even seem to hear me.

I closed the door behind us and followed her into the living room.

She stood by the window, staring out into the dark night, her back to me. The tension in her shoulders was palpable, and I could see the way her hands clenched into fists at her sides.

I wanted to go to her, to wrap my arms around her and tell her that it was over, that she didn’t have to carry this burden alone anymore.

But I hesitated. The space between us felt like a chasm I wasn’t sure how to cross.

Instead, I cleared my throat, trying to break the silence that was suffocating us both. “Do you want something to drink? Tea, maybe? Or… something stronger?”

She didn’t respond at first, and I wondered if she was even aware of my presence. But then, she shook her head slowly. “No. I don’t need anything.”