The Holiday Spirit (Part 1)

Happy Holidays! I decided to begin writing this quick thing after months of not writing anything at all 😪 So I was recently watching season 4 and I had this idea based off season 4 episode 21 (where Blythe paints a portrait for the Biskits). Human AU (ofc)!

----

The holiday season is a time of year where people express gratitude in many ways. Whether through an act of kindness, or a gift can bring joy to the faces of friends, family and loved ones.

It was a cool and breezy day as the streets of Downtown City began receiving the first snow of the year. Not even 24 hours in, and the city was already covered in white! Today, the streets were crowded as people have now begun their annual holiday shopping. Whether for shoes, clothing, or toys, people were found left and right through the shopping district of the city.

Among that crowd walked Zoe and Minka, who were out shopping as well.

"So then, Sunil decided to go for it!" Minka's voice erupted as the girl rounded on her friend, Zoe, walking backward through the aisles of store windows, "He took the newspaper and WHAM!" She used her arms to exaggerate the motion, "He knocked over a TON of apples for a measly spider! Can you believe it?"

"Knowing Sunil, I totally can..." Zoe chuckled as the singer glanced around the area, "But enough about Sunil, darling, just take a look around!" Zoe clasped her hands together, "Isn't this time of year just magical? Just look at these shops!" She walked over towards one of the windows, "and look at this dress! Hm.."

"Ooh! Yeah!" Minka quickly nodded, "That shop over there definitely knows how to decorate!" She pointed to a different shop, clearly more interested in the decoration. "So shiny!"

"Darling–" Zoe weighed in, "I meant... Nevermind." She shook her head, "Listen, I need to head over to the mall, but we can hang out tomorrow? I NEED to find something amazing for Digby this year!"

Minka reeled back, raising a brow. "You still haven't gotten him a gift? But he's your boyfriend! And Christmas is so soon!"

"I know!" Zoe faltered, letting out an exasperated sigh, "Which is why it's very urgent! I mean, this could be a relationship deal breaker!"

"I don't know about that..." Minka shrugged.

"And I need to make sure I am on top of my game this year!" Zoe proudly smiled.

"You already are, girlfriend." Minka nodded in agreement.

"So I MUST find something or I'll be deemed the worst gift giver ever!" Zoe gasped, "and I can't have that happening on Christmas! Wait...would that also make me the worst GIRLFRIEND ever?!" Zoe gasped again, "Oh, the horror! The HORROR!"

"Zoe, relax!" Minka firmly grasped Zoe's hands, "You are already the best girlfriend in the whole world! Like in the WHOLE world! If Digby can't appreciate whatever you get him, then he's not worth all this trouble you're going through!"

"Mhm..." Zoe nodded with every word.

"And heck, I say get whatever you think will make Digby happy! A football? Sure! A new cap! Awesome! A gift card to Pawrista's Coffee? Make it two! Just as long as it comes from in here." Minka pointed to her own chest, then at Zoe's.

"Well technically, it'll come from here..." Zoe shrugged as she pulled out her wallet, Minka letting out a snort, "But of course...you're right." She sighed. "I need to focus!" The girl looked back at the aisle of stores, eyeing one in particular, "And I know just where to start..."

"There we go!" Minka grinned excitedly, "Now go out there and be the best girlfriend ever!"

"Okay! I will!" Zoe puffed, giving her friend one last hug, "I'll text you with updates! Later!"