Fallen

LPS Highschool AU except Russell and Minka hate each other,, like a lot 💀 it's like an enemies to lovers kind of trope lmao I've had this idea for a while, but never really wrote it out till now. There's no real name for the au yet but I'm working on it.

-

She wasn't sure what provoked him to do it.
And quite frankly, neither did he.
It came as a shock to the both of them, ESPECIALLY for Minka.

It all happened in the blink of an eye.

The girl had been walking down the stairs, loads of papers around her arms. It seems like today wasn't her lucky day, since she was really behind on her research paper her Science teacher assigned. Fortunately, she had an extra two days to complete it, which still really wasn't enough time.

Nonetheless, she was now really stressed out. Science wasn't her best subject, so this was something she really had to focus on. Looks like she'd have to cancel some plans she had with Sunil and Vinnie...

Minka's mind had been jumbling with thoughts about what to write, until her feet suddenly decided to act up, as one foot accidentally stepped in front of the other, causing her to lose her balance.

The girl's eyes widened as she felt herself fall forward, her view suddenly blurring up as her arms scrambled for the railing, but she felt her body twisting the other way. She quickly closed her eyes as she braced for impact.

However, instead of the cold, hard ground, she felt her body embraced in something warm. Her arms quickly snaked around whatever had caught her. Like something out of a fairy tale...

Maybe her luck was about to change after all...

Not daring to open her eyes just yet, she heard the sound of her bag and papers thud on the floor, fortunate that she hadn't followed along with them.

Trembling, Minka slowly opened her eyes, quickly noticing that her feet weren't even touching the ground. Whoever had caught her seemed to be really strong, seeing as they were holding her up just fine.

Minka quickly looked up, her eyes quickly widening at the sight before her.

She was saved alright, but by a person she really didn't expect at all. In fact, she really felt like hiding right about now.

It was Russell.

God, why did it have to be this dork? Minka thought as she blinked. It could have been any other guy in this school, but it just HAD to be him...Great...

He was probably thinking the same thing, as his eyes also widened in horror at who he had stumbled upon. He was holding her bridal style, as Minka's arms were tightly wrapped around his neck to sustain herself.

Neither said anything for a moment.

Of course they didn't. They hated each other.

What the hell is he staring at!? She thought as she furrowed her brows. Say something!

As if he read her mind, the boy awkwardly glanced away, looking around to see if anyone was watching them. Fortunately, no one was around.

"Uh...are you okay-"

"Um, does it LOOK like I'm okay, GENIUS?" Minka scoffed as she quickly released herself from his hold, "You should REALLY watch where you're going!" She said as she lightly shoved him a few inches away.

"I should watch where I'M going?" He shot back, just as crossed, "YOU were the one who idiotically tripped on your own feet! Now I see why you're so clumsy."