Introducing Me

Pretty long chapter, but here's another part of the royal AU! 👀 The princess will finally meet her "kidnapper." 🤩
-

"Looks like everything's going smoothly so far..."

Sunil sighed to himself as he stood at the far end of the ballroom, admiring the handiwork done for the engagement party. There were many chandeliers hanging from the sky, the dark floor having been waxed, and many decorations hung all around the room.

It was fairly crowded, with many guests dressed up for the occasion. They were all mingling amongst themselves, the knight being able to hear them gossiping and chuckling. It had been like that for the past couple of hours. There were also people dancing in the center of the room.

However, his gaze was primarily focused on a certain prince of his, who was wandering around the buffet table. Minka was next to him, the two picking off random things off the table and eating them. They were both snickering about something.

"They're fine. Everything's fine." Sunil breathed. The two had been like this since the beginning of the party, being able to convince everyone that, well...they were meant to be. Or so he thought...

"Wow. For an act, those two really are pulling this off well."

Sunil's gaze landed on the new voice, Princess Pepper now standing beside him, her gaze lingering on the said "couple." Sunil had to agree with her. They were surprisingly doing well, even for Vinnie, who, he had to admit, had a tendency to make a lot of mistakes.

Wait a minute...

Sunil's eyes widened at Pepper, "W-What? An act?! Haha, what makes you say that?" He nervously laughed.

However, Pepper looked him dead in the eye. "Dude. He's my brother. I know him more than anyone here, and I can tell for a fact that he isn't in love with her."

Sunil blinked in surprise. She was able to figure that out fast. A bit too fast...

"Don't worry. I won't tell a soul." She smirked, patting him in the shoulder, "But I just wanna know one thing..."

"What is it?" He raised a brow.

"Why?" The princess raised a brow, "Why are they doing this?"

Sunil looked between the princess and Vinnie, who had long since separated from Minka, now speaking with other folks. He wasn't sure whether he should tell Pepper everything. Only very few people knew. Then again, perhaps she should be aware of what they were planning. Even Sunil didn't know what would happen afterwards. Would things even be the same ever again?

"Well..." Sunil began, before his gaze landed on a familiar face. Someone he hasn't seen in such a long time. Someone who for some reason, was now attempting to make conversation with the princess of Cedarside. He was able to see them outside through the large glass window.

"Actually, Pepper." Sunil frowned, "Will you excuse me for a moment? There's something I have to take care of first." Without saying another word, Sunil slowly began walking outside, his mind dead set on the one person he didn't trust.

"Okay?..." Pepper rolled her eyes.

-

"My, isn't this quite the party?"

Minka turned towards the new presence, a young man with blue hair and a cocky grin on his face. He looked towards the window, admiring the party from outside. The two were currently in the garden outside, Minka having excused herself from the party for a bit.

"My parents have really outdone themselves this time. Honestly, the last party they hosted was such a drag."

The princess raised a brow. "Your parents?" She was confused. She assumed that Vinnie and Pepper were the only heirs of the kingdom, until she remembered...