Plan

More royal au 👁👄👁 today we meet a new but familiar face who will definitely be up to something 🌚 also before we start, here's a quick sketch of some of the characters! :D

-
"So...there really is a group of rebels around here? And you're with them?"

Vinnie and Penny Ling walked through the now empty streets of Ongrove. Most of the lights were off, save for the street lamps. They had been walking for about 10 minutes now, Penny Ling having explained the situation to the prince.

She too had overheard their conversation in the courtyard. As they talked, she knew that this was the perfect opportunity to have her own group of friends help a guy out. Plus, this said "rebellion" also had their own reason to fight...

"Well, we're not exactly 'rebels' per say..." Penny chuckled, "They just think that the title sounds cool..."

"No kidding..." Vinnie couldn't help but agree with that. Imagine calling yourself a rebel, "But really, what do they do?"

"Well, there are a few 'thieves' in the mix..." Penny admitted, "but they claim to do it for a good cause."

"Oh. So like Robin Hood?" Vinnie grinned. He really enjoyed that tale.

"Yeah! Well, they don't steal money or anything like that..." Penny sighed, "We both know how economically unstable this kingdom is. I don't know if you've realized, but outside of the castle, it's a nightmare..."

Vinnie paused. Of course, he's never stepped foot outside of the castle walls, and he had only seen the city through his bedroom window. He didn't think it was actually that bad. But hearing it first hand made him want to reconsider leaving so soon.

"What else goes on?" He asked.

Penny looked back at him, "Well, there's always a shortage on food, money, and there's actual thieves around. Our thieves steal from them, if you catch my drift."

"A thief stealing from a thief? Yeah, sounds reasonable enough." He shrugged, but then paused, a thought coming across his mind. "Uh...is there anyone I know? You know...from the castle?"

"Well let's see." Penny began using her fingers to count them off, "There's Buttercream and Sugar Sprinkles!"

Vinnie raised a brow, "the bakers? Who would have thought..."

She continued, "And then there's Mitzi! You know, one of the servants?"

Vinnie thought for a moment. "I think so?"

Penny smiled, "and that's about it. Everyone else you may not know, but trust me. They're really nice and open to new people!"

The two entered a small tavern, with one single light on inside. Vinnie looked around for a name, but the building looked pretty abandoned. It looked old.