Christmas

Rosalie and Carmen were on baby duty, I promise they volunteered for it. Most of us were outside, I had Jax strapped to my chest because he didn't want to have anything to do with anyone today. Edward said "Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves." Garrett said, "Too bad we don't all have your shield." Bella said, "Doesn't help me fight, though." Tanya said "No, but you could help the rest of us, if you could project it." Bella said, "What do you mean?" Tanya said, "I mean shield someone other than yourself." I said, "Is that possible?" Carlisle said "Gifts can be developed. Over time." Kate said "At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body." Bella said, "How do you do it?" Bella took Kate's hand and said, "Tell me." Kate said "Ow." but agreed after shocking Garrett.

Kate said "You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you." she only managed for a moment, so Kate said, "I think she needs something to motivate her." Edward stepped forward and Bella said "No." Edward said "It's all right, I can take it." Garrett said, "He says that now." Emmett said "Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting." Bella said "Edward, I'm not ready to do this yet." Kate touched him and dropped him to his knees in pain. Bella said "I'm sorry. I said that I wasn't ready." Emmett said "Dude, you're not motivating her." Edward said, "You want to try?" Emmett put his hands up and backed off. They tried and failed again. Bella said "Kate!" Kate said "You seem to lack incentive. Shall I go see if one of the little ones are awake?" Bella said, "Are you crazy?" but i clenched my fist and yanked it down pulling Kate to her knees and said "Try it. I dare you. See how well you fair." Edward said "Maddie... Mads..." Bella pulled my attention to her by turning me away from Kate which relinquished my power and said "Hey breathe. Its ok. They are all ok, she won't hurt them. So, breathe." Kate said "I'm sorry Maddie I was only kidding. It won't happen again." I took some deep calming breaths and said "Fine, do it on me."

Bella said "Absolutely not. Are you insane?" I said "Bell, trust me." she sighed, and I handed Jax to Emmett who said, "Hey now, he is cranky what if he cries." I said, "He will that's why you're going to go give him to his daddy." Emmett said, "What do I tell him?" I said "How about the truth? It's not like he can stop me." I held my hand out to Kate who said "All right. This one's on full power." Bella managed to bring her shield up when Kate touched my hand I said, "It's painful, but it's bearable, nowhere near as painful as labor." Bella said "Okay, we should go again." Edward said, "Not me." I couldn't help but laugh at that.

...

Bella and Jake took all five kids to Charlie's house so he can see them without coming over. The only reason I didn't go is because I wanted some alone time with Carlisle, so we went to the cabin. It's hard to get alone time with three infants, a toddler, a little girl, the family, and 21 other vampires roaming around the house. I mean that's 34 people in our house, it's a lot. We got to the cabin, and I saw Dom's room. I opened it up and looked around. Almost a year later and I still haven't gotten around to cleaning out this room. I said, "We need to clean out this room one day and set it up for the boys." he said "We can do it when you're ready."

...

For Christmas Bella, Edward, Jake, Paul, and I took the kids to see Charlie and Sue. Charlie said "All right! Present time! Let's go! Seth, Leah, stop eating. Jake, you start. Get it going." Jake passes Ren a present and Seth said, "What did you get me?" Leah said, "I'm not giving you anything." Seth said "Hey! No, come on, what did you get me?" Bella said "Well, Dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is." she gave him the fishing paper and said "It's a 5-day fishing trip to Fraser River. It's for you and Sue." I said, "You leave tomorrow." Charlie said "Wow, that's really nice. Thank you. Tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow." Sue said, "I made arrangements for you at work." Charlie said "Sneaky. And extravagant." Edward said, "And non-refundable, I'm afraid." Charlie said "You three trying to get rid of me? Because it's working! Fraser River. That means we'll be chasing Cutthroat." Sue said, "We might even hook a Rainbow or some Bulls." Charlie smiled "Woman knows her trout."

Paul handed me a little box, so I opened it up and saw a heart necklace with a tree inside the heart, The branches lead up to a name and birthstone and all five of my kids' names are on there. Dominic, Alejandra, Peyton, Briella (which is Quinn's first name), and Jaxson along with their birthstones. Amythyst for Dom and Aly, and Peridot for Peyton, Quinn, and Jax. I was so touched but also heartbroken that they couldn't be here with me. That they couldn't meet their brothers and sister or their cousins. Sue said, "What did you get Mads?" I said "Daddy." and went over to kneel in front of them to show them. Sue pulled me onto Charlie's other knee and they both hugged me as I tried not to cry, she said "Oh sweetie." Nessie not realizing what was going on brought over a box "This one has your name Auntie Mads." I took it from her "Thank you love." Jake said, "Uh Ness, EJ, why don't we go play in the snow?" they got all excited and Bella, Jake, Paul, Seth, and Leah took all five kids outside to play.

Charlie said, "Maybe you shouldn't open that now?" I looked down at the box in my hands and then back at him "Why not?" Sue said, "It's all of the drawings Dom drew for you." I said "What? No, they were in his room which I destroyed remember." Charlie said "Actually these ones he didn't give to you, yet it was supposed to be a Mother's Day present from him, but I didn't think you should have them yet. I'm not entirely sure your ready now." I said "I... I want to celebrate his birthday next month." Sue said, "We can do that." while Charlie said, "Is that a good idea?" I said "I don't know but... I need to do something. I haven't gone through his stuff, I haven't been to the grave site since the funeral, I can't even think about him without crying and that is very hard considering Jax looks identical to him."

Sue said, "Come on." and led me upstairs to his old room, once inside I saw the destroyed pieces were gone but everything else was still in here. I sat on the floor and pulled his favorite blanket in my lap as she said, "What does Carlisle think?" I said, "I haven't talked to him about it, I know it's not fair but a small part of me still blames him." Sue said, "Because maybe if he were here like he was supposed to be Dom wouldn't have died?" I said "No... Yes... I don't know, maybe?" Sue pulled my head into her lap and just started talking about all the good and funny memories she had of him until I fell asleep.